Saturday, March 31, 2012

Oh the Joys

My chickens are doing fabulously!!! They are laying eggs and making this home. Every time I go out there and find an egg, I do a little happy dance. It makes me so excited. We have this one chicken, she is grey and I call her "sister" (BTW, that is the only one I have named. She has an attitude, so I had to come up with something. My MIL says we should name the rooster "Boss Man"). She lays these beautiful dark brown eggs. Yesterday, she was in the coop and I knew she must have laid an egg or be about to, because when I walked in, she stayed put. When I went to move her, she started clucking and getting angry and she even pecked me. I stood and watched and got to see the egg come out (this was about my 4th time to watch). I went to grab it and she pecked me. I took it in to wash it and when I came out, she was going insane!!! Clucking up a storm and wouldn't move from where she laid. I can tell she is just wanting to sit. So, her next egg, I'm going to be nice (since we have quite a few eggs with our neighbor giving us 30!) and I'm going to let her sit. I'll mark the egg with a marker and then I'll always know which eggs are for us and which one she is sitting on to hatch. I'm pretty excited about that too :D

My in-laws came up yesterday to help put the swing set together. It was a fun day of nothing. I got up early and did an intense leg workout. I worked out in the yard for about an hour and then, I ran to Walmart for a few things. When Webb and I got back, they were here. The boys got busy after lunch and my MIL and I stayed inside for some girl talk. We eventually went outside and played and made our way back in for a coffee break and chat. The boys came in for dinner just as it began to downpour. They worked for quite a while and got lots accomplished. I'm hoping Brent can finish it today (HOPING!!!!!!!). They watched the DVD on how to put it together and it said you needed 3-4 men and it would take between 10-12 hrs. My MIL and I just busted out laughing. I can't wait for it to be up!!!

On a different note, I have decided to start teaching boot camps out here. I may have mentioned that before, but I am so pumped to start! I think I will run 1 or 2 all summer long (the 1st one is 4 weeks long) and then possibly run some through the fall and winter. The winter would have to be very limited spaces because we would be inside a lot and for the summer and fall, we will only be outside. I think I have 12 signed up now. I am really really looking forward to doing what I love.

Today is another busy day. I need to haul off some more rocks (I really want my sweet husband to go buy a trailer for the lawn mower to make this easier!!) and then my girlfriend from church is coming over to hangout with me!

Hope you all have beautiful and fabulous Saturday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment