Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving. It is a time to reflect on all the wonderful people and "things" in your life. A time to thank God for blessing you more than He had to. A time to sit around with family and friends and laugh, share, and reminisce. A time when everyone is happy.... and THANKFUL. And generally, a day when no one gripes. Ahhhhh.... That's nice :D

I am soooo thankful for my husband. He is the greatest and I love him with all of my heart.


I am also beyond grateful for our boys!!!!

We have had lots of Thanksgiving festivities and tomorrow, we have another one.

Wednesday afternoon, we met at the hospital and celebrated with my in-laws. GA Power had Thanksgiving catered in to us on the 6th floor. It was delicious and such a wonderful time of fellowship. We were able to sit with Freddy, a true miracle, and thank God for another day with him. We all let a few tears slip out as we realized just how blessed we truly are. God was is good. It will be a Thanksgiving we never forget.

Here is Freddy, the man so many of you have been praying for, enjoying Thanksgiving dinner.

Here is Freddy with all of his grand-babies.... a truly special moment for him.

Here we all are.... the pictures did NOT turn out good :/

Last night, my brother and his wife (Jonathan and Kari) and children got into town from Texas! YAY!!!!!! They have 2 girls (Lili is 8 and Livia is 5) and a little boy (Tregan is 2). My boys ADORE them and I think they feel the same about my boys ;) Dane has been thrilled knowing they were coming and he woke up this morning and the first thing he said was, "Are Livi and Lili at Gammie's?" We went over there this morning and they played nonstop. They would be absolutely inseparable if we lived closer. I so wish we did :(

COUSINS!!! 

We spent the whole day with them and I look forward to them getting to play tomorrow too!

This afternoon, we went to my dad's parent's house. My Nana can cook!!! Oh my soul!!! It was soooo yummy and we had so much fun just sitting around and chatting (and EATING!!!). The kids played outside in the woods and built a tepee (seriously, it was awesome!) and played on Pop's wheelchair. It was a fun afternoon. We left stuffed and happy and headed to my parent's house to sit around and hang out some more. The cousins all bathed together and it was a late when we headed home. Praise the Lord my boys were sleeping when we got here ;)

Tomorrow, we go to my mom's parent's for lunch! It is sure to be yummy and lots of fun. I look forward to more family time.

I am really looking forward to getting up in the morning and having no obligations (that is one of the reasons I decided to blog tonight instead of in the am). I plan to sleep in until about 7am and then get a cup of coffee and sit on the couch to drink it. I may watch a little TV or read. I NEVER do that! LOL. I'm also looking forward to my new creamer I bought tonight (it now makes 8 flavors I have in the fridge!) I think it was Vanilla Spiced Rum-- a flavor I have never tried. Yippee. It's the little things, people :D

Life is so good. I stand in awe of all God has bestowed upon me. I truly am blessed beyond measure. Despite our current circumstances, I refuse to look at the "bad" because I have seen so much good. I believe, with all of my heart, God's plan in all this is good. I believe what Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I also believe what Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." I trust Him completely and I am actually excited to see him continue to provide and meet our needs. I know God is at work. He is busy molding us and making us exactly the way He wants us to look. This is all part of His perfect plan.








No comments:

Post a Comment