Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday

Ahhhhh. A break to sit down at the computer :D

This past month has been a sort of  blur almost. To say it was an eventful month would be the understatement of the year. It has been dramatic, sad, bumpy, scary, confusing, and tiring. I look forward to each new month with a sort of excitement, but I am REALLY looking forward to December and all the good and wonderful things I'm sure it has in store for us.

Tonight, I am going to update on my children. They are both so much fun and both are in silly phases. I am going to narrow down what they are going through/ acting like/ putting me through by giving them each a TOP 10 to describe them right now.

DANE:
1.) Remember when I said he would give us "Soap Sally" face???!!!! Well.... He STILL does. Did you miss what it looked like? Here it is.

 


He gives us this look when he is mad or angry or hurt. It comes from the legend of Soap Sally. Brent's grandfather (Pappy) told him about Soap Sally growing up. There is a long story that goes along with her, but pretty much she is a lady who lives in the woods and she comes out when little boys are being ugly and she bites or cuts their ears off and makes soap out of it. My mother-in-law and husband told Dane about it one night and then imitated her face by doing a "scary" face. Dane has had this particular look many times before the story, so after he heard the story, I started calling this the Soap Sally face. Want to read more about Soap Sally and scare your kids too? Click here. If you want to become Soap Sally's friend on Facebook, click here.

2.) Dane loves Super Hero's. If you ask him what he is going to be when he grows up, he will say, "A super hero."

3.) Dane listens to everything and repeats everything. While listening to the radio in the car, he will often repeat back pieces of the news he hears or tell me we are listening to songs about Jesus.

4.) Dane loves to help Daddy do anything that Daddy is doing. Brent spends a lot of time in the basement working on things or working out. Dane thinks he has to be down there with him at all times. He even told me, "Boys go in the basement. Durls go upstairs."

5.) Dane sleeps by himself and goes to sleep on his own. Many people warned me that if I let him sleep with me, I would never get him out of my bed. Thankfully, that never happened. When we lived with my parents, Dane slept in the same room with us and we were afraid when we moved out, he would pitch a fit at bedtime to sleep with us or in our room. NOPE. He kisses me goodnight every night with no problem and goes to sleep on his own :D I'm so proud of what a big boy he is.

6.) Dane wants to wear a coat or jacket if it is cold or raining. He makes me put it on, zip it up, and put the hood on him. The INSTANT we get in the car, he wants it off. Then, when we get to our destination, he makes me put it on him, zip it up, and put the hood on him. The minute we walk into where we are, he wants it off that instant. And we go through the same thing when we go to leave.

7.) Dane only drinks water during the day. Milk is a treat and something he gets if he was good and/or at bedtime. Every night, I take his sippy of milk and put it in the fridge. When he gets it, he gets all excited and jittery and says, "I'm just gonna get 1 sip, momma." Then he sips it and starts dying laughing. He thinks it is the grandest thing.

8.) Dane can dress himself. He can put on his underwear, socks, pants, shirt, and shoes. He needs no help from me.

9.) Dane believes in all things magical.... Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, even Soap Sally. LOL. I love that he is magical himself and has such wonderful imagination. It makes being a mommy so much more fun!!!

10.) Dane is a talker. If we are out in public and someone talks to Webb or looks at Dane, chances are, they are about to get an ear full. They will hear both  boy's names, their ages, Dane's dream about Goliath, Dane's new address, Papa Fred's wreck, Dane's 3rd birthday party, the new house, our barn, our new van, Dane's cousins, and Daddy's new workout room in the gym.


WEBB:
1.) Webb is my booger. "No" does not phase him. Slapping his hand does not phase him. Moving him away from something he should not be doing or touching does not phase him. Remember how I thought Dane was my strong-willed child??? Well... I've got news for you. HE'S NOT!!!! Webb is so unbelievably strong-willed that at times, he makes Dane look mild mannered. Now, to shape that will into something that will bring honor and glory to the Lord and not the other way around.

2.) Webb still passes out every. single. day. Today he did it twice and back to back. Brent is in EMT school and he was reading about seizures the other day. He had me read about them in his school book and Webb goes through every phase when he passes out, that he would if he were seizing. I know it's not a seizure, but it is weird. I figured he would outgrow it by now. This article sort of describes what Webb does when he passes out, under "Symptoms", but when I read the book, it was like reading about exactly what Webb does.... literally, step by step.

3.) Webb is an outside boy. He will sit at the door and scream to go out and when you give in, he will laugh and giggle with glee... yep. Somebody has figured out what to do to get his way. LOL.

4.) Webb is a momma's boy. If I'm not holding him (which is very rare because he gets so upset if I don't and will pass out), he will hold onto my legs, screaming crying, and make it impossible for me to walk without picking him up. He has to be in the same room as me and be able to see me. I cannot tell you how many times I have passed him to Brent so I could do something and with me standing right there, he passes out. Unbelievable. LOL.

5.) Webb loves baths (so does Dane). He takes a bath with whoever is in the bath at the present moment. Some days he ends up with 4 baths. He and Dane both take one with me every night. Even if one was screaming or in a bad mood, they instantly get happy with the water :D

6.) Webb loves meat. Forget the fruits and veggies and pass the turkey burgers, ground turkey meat, deer meat, tuna, chicken, etc. He is a true man!

7.) Webb LOVES Dane. That does not mean they don't fight. LOL. Because they do! But he idolizes that big brother. He also drives him crazy. He is so smart. He knows just what to do to drive Dane nuts. When Dane is sleeping, Webb will go up to him and hit him in the head. Or he will pull his hair.

8.) Webb loves to ride on the lawn mower. The minute he sees it he starts grunting, fussing, and pointing to get on. He will go crazy and the minute he gets on it, pure happiness.

9.) Webb has started singing. He will sing/hum and it sounds just like, "Up above the world so high" from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It is a song he hears daily so I know that is what he is singing. Oh my gosh. It melts my heart!!!

10.) Webb loves to give kisses. It used to be an open mouth kiss, but now he squeezes his lips together and makes does the "kissing hum" to let you know he wants one or to give one. It is precious!

So, there is a glimpse of what life is like with my 2 monkeys. They are so much fun and make me laugh everyday. I am so thankful for the privilege of motherhood.

Hope everyone has a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment