Friday, April 5, 2013

Funny Stuff

Oh, dear.

It's going to be a long day, I'm afraid.

I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and I see about 3 more in my near future if I am expected to function.

Webb has been super demanding lately.

Never letting me out of sight, begging to be held when I am in sight, and causing all sorts of chaos within our home ;-)

Plus, yesterday we got a kitten and so you can imagine the amount of arguing and fussy that occurs when you have 1 kitten to split among 2 boys.

Besides playing referee between the boys and Camo yesterday, my husband was sick, and Webb seriously made messes all day long.

By bath time, I felt myself grow weary. I had been on the go all day long. I was exhausted.

After bath time, in a 8 minute window, the cat peed on my rug, Webb fell off my bed, he threw up all over my bathroom (from crying so hard), and slipped and fell on the floor and busted his back on the shower step thing.

Once I got the boys in bed (which was later than normal- one hr. past normal time- bc hubby got called into work and came home right after we finished our story.) I probably should have taken myself to bed.

Brent had been sick all day and sleeping and then when he did wake up, he went into work for a few hours. He was scheduled to work 24 today, so I wanted to spend time with him. We watched a movie that didn't go off until 11pm (1-2 hours past our bedtime, just depending). After the movie, I still had things to do before bed.

When we got in the bed, my hubby asked for a back-rub, since he had been sick and laying around all day, his back was tight. I rubbed his back for 20 minutes and then curled up. It was 11:45pm.

I was really in need of some quiet, no one touching me, and deep sleep.

I lay on guard every night because Webb is my light sleeper. If he cries out and doesn't come get in our bed, I want to get him before it disturbs Brent, especially when he has a 24 hr day coming up. He is always low on sleep, so this is just habit for me. At 11:50pm, I got up and Brent asked where I was going. I was going to a screaming Webb-- "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMA!!!!!!!!!"

When I got in his room, he was screaming to get up. He does this often. I don't exactly know why. I didn't want to get him up and rock him or anything because I knew Brent wouldn't be able to sleep. For 20 minutes  he screamed, cried, and begged to get up. For 20 minutes, I talked to him, telling him I was there, talking about his kitty, praying for him, and trying to get him to settle down. When he finally went to sleep after midnight, he was restless the rest of the night. He would cry out occasionally to get up, he wanted water, he wanted daddy, etc. It was a long night.

At 5:45am, my alarm went off. Webb had been awake at 5:30am, so I quickly turned it off. I laid there to make sure he didn't wake up and then I went and I got into my bed. I laid there until 6am (REALLY pushing it time wise) and then I got up and went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower so it could start warming up, turned the space heater in the bathroom on (something I joked about doing for Brent to friends and something he said he wished I would do. LOL), and woke up Brent. I went into the kitchen to start breakfast for Brent and the boys. I had just put the skillet on the stove when I heard,

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!"

I fought the urge to cry.

I was soooo looking forward to some solitude this morning.

I got him and brought him into the kitchen at 6:05 am and thanked God for the new kitty.

Usually when he wakes up that early, he is fussy and insists that I hold him the entire time I cook, empty the dishwasher, etc. Today though, I said, "Want to play with Camo while mommy cooks?" and he was a happy camper.

Wow.

This is how tired I am.

That was not what my title was about or what I was going to blog about. LOL

Sooo... the funny stuff I was going to tell you about:

When Dane was little, he would call his butt-hole his "body".

I think when we said "body" to him is sounded like "booty"? I'm not too sure.

It used to crack us up though because of how he would talk about it.

If we said something about our body ("My body is freezing!" "I'm going to put some clothes on my body" "My body is saying 'Feed me'"), in confusion he would be like, "Your body??"

Anyways, he outgrew that.

The other day in the bath, the boys and I were talking about our bodies being a temple.

I explained (or tried to) how Jesus lives in our body and it is His house. People should see a reflection of Jesus when they look at us and we should talk like Him, think like Him, and act like Him.

Dane was questioning some things and I answered him as best as I could.

Webb had been interrupting us during that time.

I finally looked at him as he was saying, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" over and over.

When I looked at him, he said, "Mommy, Jesus lives in my body too" pointing at his butt-hole.

I busted out laughing and said, "He does?"

Webb nodded his head and said, "Umm hmm. He lives right there" still pointing to his butt-hole.




See, things like that make these exhausting days so worth it. I wouldn't trade my puffy eyes, slight headache, or exhaustion for quiet, deep sleep, or no stimulation for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment