Friday, April 19, 2013

Sadness

Watching the news these days does not do much for my spirit.

Everywhere I turn it seems evil is abundant.

I find myself sad.

I find myself worried.

I find myself scared and nervous to allow my boys to go to the Orange and White game with my parents tomorrow. I'm nervous about big crowds and random crazy people that are everywhere!!

Not to be all doom and gloom, but I don't expect things to get any better.

I think these times are predicted in the Bible and until Jesus returns for His people, we will see evil. Lots and lots of evil.

Then, after the Lord takes His people, only evil will exist. All of God's people will be gone from the earth. I don't think we've even had a glimpse of evil, bad, despair, heartache, etc.. These evil times we live in now have nothing in comparison to what it will be like during the Tribulation period. It will be terrible, horrible, evil times, my friend. And, you DO NOT want to be here to experience it. I can assure you of that.

My prayer is that the evil that seems to be so abundant these days, doesn't sadden you or scare you to the point of hopelessness. I hope it makes you more prepared and more ready to hear the trumpet sound as Jesus comes to get us.

What a glorious day that will be!

I got to hear the sound of the Shofar trumpet that will sound at His return at Bible study 2 weeks ago. I got chills all over as I imagined that day. We've been studying the rapture and I don't think it is by accident. In the midst of such evil and wrong I've seen lately, I'm able to feel utter peace within my soul. I know who will ultimately win. This world is not my home. I feel such hope for what is to come. Heaven seems sweeter each passing day.

Imagine the most beautiful place you have ever been on earth. Or maybe the most beautiful place you've seen pictures of on earth. It has nothing on Heaven. Heaven will be more beautiful, more sweet, more glorious than anything we have ever seen with our eye or anything we could begin to imagine with our brain. It surpasses earthly beauty. There will be colors we have never known and smells more sweet than your grandmother's homemade pie. It is a place we will never, ever want to leave. Everything that we experience will be sweet, happy, and perfect. There will be no fear or heartache or sadness. We will be with Jesus and all of our loved ones who knew Jesus and went before us. FOREVER.






















If you have been born again- we all are born a physical birth, but we must also experience a spiritual birth-- a specific time and place in our life-- where we die to our old self and accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior to live in our hearts and change us and make us new- then you know that the hope we have in Jesus can get us through the darkest and most terrible days on earth.



My prayer is all that my readers have the peace and security of knowing Jesus Christ personally.




If you refuse Jesus Christ, you spend eternity, forever and ever and ever, separated from Him in hell. The place where only evil is present.





Once those trumpets sound, it will be too late to change your mind. You must decide today. If the events that have unfolded this past week prove anything to you, it should be that we are not promised tomorrow. We are not even promised the rest of the day. And neither are our children.

I pray that my readers that have children are raising their children to know Jesus... maybe you have strayed from what you were taught as a child and now you have children of your own and you aren't really teaching them anything. Maybe you aren't helping them understand how much Jesus loves them and how He died a sacrificial death on a cross for their sins and the sins of all the world. I pray that you will see how important it is to start teaching them at an early age (TODAY). Their hearts are tender and their childlike faith is contagious. As parents, we all need the peace that we have done everything in our power to help our children understand who Jesus is and how desperately they (we) need him so we can be certain our children don't spend eternity in hell. Although my boys have not accepted Jesus yet, I trust they will one day. I believe with all my heart we will spend forever together in Heaven where there is no evil, no darkness, no hunger, no tears, no death, and no sadness.....



So take hope, although this world is a terrible place, one day, most likely soon, we have the promise of paradise, where we will never experience heartache or tragedy ever again.

My prayer is I see you there too!




**If you have questions about how to know Jesus personally and experience salvation where you are born again, I hope you feel free to contact me. My personal email is abby.wilkey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment