Saturday, August 30, 2014

Another Case of Strep Fought and Won

I posted just recently that Dane had had strep and we had cleared it up with colloidal silver and rest. I was really wanting Essential Oils when he got sick, but didn't have any yet.

Well, I got mine on Thursday and wouldn't you know, that very same afternoon when I picked the boys up from my mom's, Webb was burning up. He had just woken up from a nap and we thought that was the reason for lethargy. He had a fever of 102.7.

I felt so very prepared because I had un-expired colloidal silver at home AND now my Young Living Oils.

He was complaining of a headache and Dane had recently had strep. I assumed strep for both those reasons. When I was little and had strep, my only symptom was a headache.

Webb wanted daddy to inspect him and daddy checked his throat. He had very swollen and red tonsils.

I started giving him Silver Shield and Echinacea immediately and continued to every hour. I also applied Thieves to the bottom of his feet, Lavender to his chest (didn't know then it would help with fever), and Peppermint to his forehead to help with headache.



I also diffused Thieves with the diffuser I got with the oils.

If you google what Thieves is good for, you can find 101 uses. No, really. A website that lists 101.

Here is the first 30 it lists:

1. Dilute with V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to cuts or open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing.
2. Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for a sore throat.
3. Apply undiluted directly to the skin of your upper chest and throat for bronchitis.
4. Place a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth for a headache.
5. Put 10-12 drops in a size 00 capsule undiluted and swallow daily for longevity.
6. For acne, take internally and apply to the skin diluted with Young Living’s V-6™ carrier oil.
7. Put directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu.
8. Breathe in the vapors when you have lung congestion.
9. Use to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
10. Add to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
11. Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
12. Add to your mop water for cleaner floors.
13. Mix with water to make a spray to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
14. Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels.
15. Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
16. Apply to gums to prevent and treat gum disease.
17. Apply orally to maintain healthy teeth and reduce cavities.
18. Apply to gums and teeth for pain relief from toothaches.
19. Diffuse in homes or business to solve mold problems.
20. Add to orange juice and drink to reduce phlegm and congestion.
21. Apply to broken bones or joints for pain relief and to hasten healing.
22. Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavor and to maintain health.
23. Put on the tip of your tongue to help you stop smoking.
24. Put on cold sores and canker sores to make them disappear.
25. For warts, apply topically, inhale and ingest in capsules to make them disappear.
26. Rub on sore joints to relieve arthritis pain.
27. Drink a few drops in water or juice every three hours to stop a cold.
28. Place a drop on the tongue and a drop in a glass of water every day for herpes.
29. Rub on the bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school every day.
30. Diffuse in the house as your children come home from school every day to kill airborne bacteria.

It is pretty amazing stuff!

You can also Google and find out all the amazing things Lavender is good for and Peppermint.

I'm trying Lavender out today as deodorant as I have heard numerous testimonials to this working.

My first experience with using Thieves was when Webb had had a rash on his bottom a few months ago. He had red dots on it for a least a month before he started complaining that it bothered him. Once he started complaining about it, it progressively got much worse. I tried EVERYTHING. Every single homemade remedy I heard about, every holistic treatment I googled, and even resorted to buying anti fungal cream. Absolutely nothing worked. I was about ready to cave and just take him to the dr for an antibiotic because it was irritating him. As a last resort, I posted on FB asking for help.

Someone asked me if I had tried Essential Oils on him. I was clueless to what they meant and how they could help him. I didn't even know what they were. She knew someone who possibly had some samples to help him.

I got a sample of Thieves and when I'm telling you the rash was gone in 48 hours, I'm not kidding. He had had this thing for at least 6 weeks and after 2 days of applying Thieves to the bottom of his feet and his bottom (with a carrier oil of coconut oil) it was GONE!

I have been a believer since. It just took me longer to get my hands on a kit.

With Dane's strep infection, it was gone in 48 hours. He was still lethargic and whatnot for another 24 hours.

Webb was 100% back to his normal self Friday morning. I continued doing everything I had done the evening before. He only had a fever around 3pm of 99 and I just applied more Lavender (as well as everything else).  I checked his throat then too. Significantly less red in color, more of normal pink and not swollen at all.

I couldn't believe it!

The only difference in either treatment was the oils.

I was so thankful they worked faster because I sort of have a hot date with my hubby tonight ;-) and because it's hard to see your kiddos not feel well.

Essential oils pretty much can be used to treat anything your family faces- anxiety, headaches, hyperactivity, teeth coming in for babies, RASHES (lol), acne, strep, ear infections,  you name it. I bought the Premium Starter Kit.



Young living sales tons of individual oils as well as a few kits. The oils can be used internally or externally. Some need to be put in a capsule for internal use. They are derived from the plant extract and are super concentrated, way less than you would get with herbs. I watched an online webinar explaining them. The lady explained that they are fat soluble and able to penetrate the cell wall and affect the virus inside the cell. They can also get through the blood-brain barrier. The pores on your feet are the largest pores on your body, so you can add oils there to get into your blood stream the quickest, in 30 sec. They can be used aromatically- and trigger emotional responses. The scent enters your body through cilia and goes directly to your limbic system in the brain. It also cleanses the air. They can be used topically- great and safe for kids and offer immune support. They can be used internally-put in capsules, use in cooking or add lemon oil to your water (tried that and super yummy!). They can also be used for household things like disinfectant, removing gum, grease, and permanent marker, polishing furniture, sanitizing bathroom, or added to your dishwasher to help fight the grime.

I am in LOVE with these oils and already have a running list of individual oils I'm wanting to order.

I am signed up as a distributor so if you are interested in ordering any, let me know!

I plan to keep up the testimonials as we use them and see them work. So, if you are interested, stay tuned!

Webb this morning before running errands with daddy... completely better. Dressed himself in everything too big too.

No comments:

Post a Comment