Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hosting

We have been so busy lately (what's new???!!). This past weekend, we were busy entertaining. I have been dying to start having people over to eat (other than Gibson-- my hubby's single best friend-- who eats over here 3-4x a week). I have a long list of people. Brent invited one of his fire fighting buddies and his finance over to eat Friday night. Of course, Gibson was invited too. LOL. It was such a fun time of fellowship. I asked if we could please schedule more people over for Saturday too. Since we have such a long list of people I want to have over, I talked him into letting me invite 6 adults and 5 kids. LOL. Our house was crazy insane and loud. I LOVED every minute of it. I love having friends over and sitting around enjoying fellowship. It was a late but wonderful night. This weekend (Yeah, Brent already told me this could not become a habit. LOL. He likes to socialize, but not like me. I keep saying, "but it's so much fun and we have so many people we need to have over. LOL.) we are having over 2 of my closest friends from years back and their husbands. One girl I have known and been friends with since we were 2yrs old. The other one has been my closest friend since 6th grade. It will be a fun night.

All this entertaining has got me to thinking though how important fellowship is and nurturing the friendships that God has placed in your life. It is so nice to sit around with your friends and talk, laugh, share, and get to know one another better. The intimate setting of someone's home allows for much better conversation. We have been so blessed in the friends department!!! I cannot believe how good God has been to us. We talk about it all the time. Sometimes we even try to narrow down who our closest friends are and we never can. We always end up naming everyone. I think that is AWESOME to have so many wonderful friends with unique characteristics.

If you are our friend and have not been invited over yet, don't worry! It will be soon!! Ok, as soon as I can talk my hubby into more. LOL.

Have a blessed Wednesday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment