Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thanks For the Reminder

The boys and I sing all throughout the day.

It's just what we do.

The hubby LOVES it. (Total sarcasm)

We were singing, "This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." the other day.

I was talking to the boys explaining that sometimes it's easy to let a bad mood ruin the day. To have an attitude, or to get mad and just let the whole day be ruined when there is so much good in a day. I told them everyday from God was a gift and there was beauty and good in each day, even the days that seem the darkest. The Bible tells us to Rejoice and Be Glad. Obviously, I knew some of this was over their head, I was saying it as a reminder to me more than anything since it is easy for me to be a grump. I know they learn as they listen and watch, so I know they will pick up on this as we talk about it more and more and perhaps I will do a better job of leading by example.

I told Dane (more than Webb) that we should try to remember that the Lord makes each day and we should honor Him with how we live.

I told him that many times, mommy lets a bad mood, stress, lack of sleep, disobedient kids, or hurtful words ruin my entire day. I said, "The next time you see mommy in a bad mood, you just need to start singing this song to me. I will do the same for you."

Well, wouldn't you know, a few days later.... I was grumpy.

I know, I know. It's shocking ;-)

I was ill and I was frustrated, and I was ill and frustrated for selfish reasons.

The boys were taking the brunt of my grumpiness.

I saw from the corner of my eye Dane lean over and whisper to Webb.

It looked much like this.

I see Webb just look at Dane and Dane said, "COME ON! She said to do it!"

Then, Dane starts singing, with Webb hitting a few words here and there, "This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it and be glad in it."

It caught me so off guard, that I busted out laughing.

I immediately went to the boys and sang with them. Then I apologized and said they were right. This was the day the Lord had made and mommy was being a grump and for no reason.

I am grateful for a precious 4 (almost 5) year old and 2-1/2 year old that help mommy remember her own lessons!

I love them so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment