Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Magic of Momma

As I was getting all snuggled up to go to sleep last night, I hear Webb starting to cry.

I give him a minute to get up and come to me since I had just gotten all settled ;-)

When he doesn't, I go to him. He is crying and crawling towards the end of the bed when I walked in.

I called his name and when he saw me, he said, "Momma".

I could tell his voice sounded hoarse (not from crying). ----Turns out, he coughed all night long!

As soon as I got him in my arms, he laid his head down and the tears stopped instantly.

I got his water bottle and some toilet paper for his snotty nose and we snuggled down in my bed.

He drank some water, got as close to me as he could get, and peacefully went back to sleep.

Even after almost 5 years, I am still finding it hard to believe that I have that momma magic.

You know the kind.

When you were younger, maybe even now, and you were upset, scared, hurt, sick, crying--- all it took to make everything all better was momma.

I love that all I need to do it pick up my boy (either one) and everything is peaceful and quiet.

They are able to calm down and rest.

I still find it hard to believe that I can offer the same comfort, protection, and love that my momma offered me.

Being a momma is the BEST!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment