Sunday, November 11, 2012

Baseboards and Doors

Today is Brent's first day on the job in Bartow County. He is so excited, it is cute! He works there today, the 16th and the 21st and he is still 2 weeks out from starting at Hamilton EMS. We are really, really aiming to be in the house by the weekend of Thanksgiving.

We finally received our last Lowe's shipment (except for the living room fan, the sink to the boys vanity, and something else) and the floors have been laid. Those were 2 things we were waiting on to move further in our work. We still have some plumbing work that has to be done before we can truly move in. Even if we are not spending the night at the house by the weekend of Thanksgiving, we want to have everything out of storage. We owe on it again on the 24th and our goal is to NOT pay that again. It costs a lot of money and right now, this renovation is taking every penny, not to mention it is time to begin Christmas shopping (something I am usually finished with at Thanksgiving and I haven't even begun this year!!).

Yesterday, with a new goal in mind and knowing Brent is starting work, we went over to the house and Brent hung all the doors.



He needed some help from time to time, but when he didn't, I was outside painting baseboards. I was thankful for a warm and beautiful day! The boards dried in no time and my hands were actually warm!



Our plan is to go tomorrow and Brent will put up all the baseboards white I paint all the doors he hung and the trim. That will be so not fun. I have to tape all around the trim and we special ordered the doors (we needed bronze hinges) and the trim did not come primed like the trim on the doors you don't special order. It will probably take 3-4 coats of paint. FUN. LOL. Before I paint the trim, Brent will have to remove the doors and I will put those on saw horses and paint those. They are, thankfully, primed! I'm thinking 1 coat, MAYBE 2 coats.

Once I finish that painting, Brent will have to caulk the baseboards and then we tape those and paint those AGAIN!

I will probably paint those alone so Brent can finish all the other projects-- hanging more light fixtures that arrived, getting the boys vanity installed, their toilet installed, and lots more.

We found out my counters get installed on the 19th. That was sort of determining when we could move in because my sink is attached to the counters (it is all one piece). We could maybe move in without counters, but no way without a kitchen sink. So, I am really excited to have those brought in. We will install our stove once the counters get laid.

 
I am really excited to have my double oven!!!

We also got a new stainless microwave and dishwasher. We opted to not get a fridge now. The fridge we like is $2,500 and that was NOT in the budget at this time. We were able to get a lot more necessities by opting out of something that was a want. Our fridge is black and will go with the stainless just fine until that is something we can afford/want to spend that much money on.

Webb was the only child we had yesterday while we worked. He was so good and such a wonderful helper for us.



Dane was with Granddaddy at the TN game in Knoxville. I got this picture from my dad. LOL.


If you know us, you know sugar and colors are a treat! I bet Dane was wild and very happy :-) I sure do miss him. He is still at my parents. They are bringing him back this morning and going to church with me. I am so exited to show off the church we have found to them. It is honestly the most amazing/alive church I have ever attended. Brent was bummed to be missing SS and church this morning and that says a lot! LOL. We had been invited to some sort of meeting (where we can ask questions/ learn about the church and everything that is offered) with the pastor today and it was originally scheduled to be after church, but it got changed to 10am last week though. I hate that I am missing SS. The lessons are so basic, yet so good. Brent and I discuss it during the week and we both look forward to being back the next week and catching the next part of it. I was going to cancel the meeting that is planned, but Brent wanted me to go ahead and go. I am so very thankful for this church home we have found. I look forward to learning more about it today, continuing to meet awesome people, and growing closer to the Lord. God is good!

Our front door and carport door arrive at Lowe's on the 19th as well. After they arrive, they call to schedule and installation date. So, we are working fervently to be in by the 24th knowing everything that we are waiting on should be there. We knocked out a lot of work yesterday so if we go and work that hard everyday Brent isn't at work, we should be able to do it. Pray for us!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! Talk with you soon :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment