Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chill Saturday

Last night, my babies spend the night with Nana and Papa.

For the most part, everyone knows I still nurse Webb.

We are in the weaning process and by process I mean he refuses to give it up and I don't have the will power to make him. Also, it's not hurting anything and I guess a piece of me is hoping it will be easier one day. HA!

Dane and Webb got up at 5:55am Friday morning and wanted to get ready to go to Nana's house. I tried to explain that Nana was getting them after work. Webb went to the window many times during the day to look for Nana which I took as a good sign that he would stay the whole night and not flip out for the boo boos and one of us have to go over there in the middle of the night.



I secretly picked Brent as the middle of the night runner. I mean, seriously, he is a PRO at that and I am not.

Well, they went and I woke up this morning in my bed and Webb wasn't in it. That is a first. LOL.

Last night, Brent and I enjoyed a very low key and cheap date. I planned on cooking turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and salad. But, we had a gift card and Brent wanted PIZZA!!!! Come on! I was doing something healthy. I obliged though (I'm not one to turn down pizza) and he decided on the way we would have to get a Coke to go with it (If you know me, you know even my children refer to coke as "Bad stuff"). I never ever ever drink coke and Brent... well, he has to answer for his own health! I obliged again as long as we got Root Beer ;-)

We stopped at Ingles because I am cheap and told him I didn't want to pay for a Coke at the pizza place. While in there, Brent saw donuts (I had bought lemon greek yogurt for dessert) and demanded we get some for dessert (Ok. Ok. Ok. Maybe he suggested it and didn't demand it). I was picking out my ONE when Brent said to get THREE a piece. I just looked at him and busted out laughing. I didn't want him to be mad at me, so I reluctantly picked THREE ;-)

We check out and head to get our pizza and hot wings. Oh, did I forget to mention Brent said we couldn't have pizza without hot wings. Yeah, this date just keeps getting healthier and healthier.

It was fun though. We came home and ate waaaaaaay too much garbage and watched some super long movie.

I got up at 5:30am and fixed his breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, picked up the kitchen, sent him off to work, and took myself back to bed (which I never do!). I slept until 8am. Whoo hoo!

I was almost dreading my alone day. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was alone. Completely alone with no husband or kids. Yeah, I'm alone when I go to work or sometimes when I workout... but never by myself... to just be at home with no plans. I felt guilty actually.

So, last night I made a list of things I needed to do so I wouldn't feel so guilty.

When I got up at 8, I got my coffee and sat on the couch to review Hebrews and begin studying Galatians. I took my precious time and wasn't nursing a toddler or hearing the Brady Bunch in the background. It was nice and I was able to really comprehend what I was reading.

I got ready after that and went to the gym. I met my sister-in-law there and we took step and flow (a yoga type class). Two straight hours at the gym and no guilt! After that, I went to the station. Brent and I sat and talked for over an hour. Even last night, we didn't talk. We just stuffed our face and watched a movie. It was soooooo nice. So nice. Just to talk with no interruptions. I needed that also.

I came home because I was starving. I cooked, looked over some doula info, cleaned up, and cleaned my entire house top to bottom.

I got recipes ready for our church cookbook after that, surfed the web, and now I am blogging. My house is spotless and super quiet. Maybe too quiet.

I am not used to this.

To the quiet.

To the emptiness.

I can see how beneficial days like this could be though. Especially as a homeschool mom. I actually would go so far as to say I was NEEDING today. For 2 months, I was a single mommy unpacking a house. Now, Brent is home much more often, but he is tired and has a hard time catching up on sleep. I still feel like a single mom many days. I rarely don't have them at my feet and when I do, I'm still engaging in something. My mind or my body is still working.

I think I was wore out. I feel rejuvenated, refreshed, rested, and ready for the week ahead with the kids.

Let me finish by saying this:

What on earth did I do before my babies? I would never ever ever, not in a million drillion years choose to go back to life with no kids. They are amazing and I am so thankful for their little lives and what they teach me everyday.

Hope you are having a chill Saturday also :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment