Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Webb-- My Tasmanian Devil

Webb.

He is so sweet. So lovable. So precious. So unbelievably easy going.

That must be why these past 3 days have taken there toll on me!

It started out with him taking his daddy's water bottle. I heard him filling it up with our spare fridge (the one we keep in our utility room/walk-in pantry). He told me he was drinking it when I question him. Little ole me, believed him. I noticed he had made a few trips (maybe 4 or 5) to the fridge and back to the living room. I didn't think anything of it.

I heard a splashing sound coming from the living room and went to inspect. I saw that there were 6, you read that right, SIX, large puddles of water and when I walked in, he was in the process of pouring another puddle. I gave him an evil look and he smiled his sweet little innocent smile at me. I went and got 2 towels and took it as an opportunity to mop my floor. I got onto him and told him that was a no no and he would get a spanking if he did that again.

So, he decided on another form of disaster.

Brent was at the gym for the water bottle incident.

While I was cooking dinner and Brent and I were discussing some things, Dane screams, "MOM! DAD! YOU BETTER COME QUICK!!" I give Brent a look and we both head towards the sound. It was coming from the boys bathroom. I get there first and just keep on walking past because I started laughing. When I glanced in the bathroom, I see a naked Webb standing by the toilet waiting on us and toilet paper strung everywhere, dipped multiple times in the potty, shredded in the floor, etc. I gain my composure and go in. Brent is crouched down questioning Webb. Webb says, "I had to wipe my nose and goobie." Of course, all the fire went out of Brent on that one. We call it  a goober and I have never heard Webb refer to it. So hearing him call it a goobie just cracked us both up. Brent then showed him how to get just a little bit to wipe his nose and goobie. LOL.

A few minutes later, I had dinner on the table. The boys came to sit down and I was at the sink. When I turned around, Webb had taken his fork and strewn his homemade sloppy joes EVERYWHERE. They were on the table, his lap, chairs next to him, and the floor.

The next day, (Webb is known to waste food, so I am picky about him helping himself). He got 2 bananas on 2 different occasions and gave them to the DOG!!!! I was super irritated because I don't like any food being wasted, but especially produce. And to think my DOG ate that instead of me???!!! URG.

I had a friend come over for coffee and she and I were in the kitchen and I noticed Webb had been quiet. Dane went in search of him and exclaimed that I needed to come ASAP!! I went to my bathroom and Webb was calmly sitting on the floor with bandaids opened and put all over my hardwood. I'd say 10 bandaids on my hardwood and 15 on the tile in the bathroom. Since he cannot open bandaids, each wrapper was shredded into a million pieces.

That afternoon, I was organizing our utility room/pantry and I realize again that Webb is quiet which has started bringing on agonizing fear. Dane offers to go find him (I think he likes being the one to deliver bad news that gets Webb in trouble) and screams for me to come. I yell, "Am I going to be mad?" He yells, "OH YEAH!!!"

I come into the office and see Webb sitting in the floor with arts and crafts everywhere and something all over my hardwood. My initial thought was it was permanent marker. When I realized it was just liquid glue, I reacted much better.

Reason #23399393 wood floors are mandatory with 2 little boys. In case one of them decides to dump out an entire thing of liquid GLUE!!!

It really worked to his favor that I originally thought it was a marker. It cleaned up super easy and I prayed that they would go to bed early. This momma was exhausted!

Seriously, I think I listed 6 things. That is all my mind would bring up tonight. My mind is fried. Today has been just as insane with him getting into everything and causing destruction. Every time he is quiet, my heart starts racing as I search for him. Please let it be fixable and easy to clean up. PLEASE!!!!

Last night, the little booger WOULD NOT go to sleep. 

Can you tell my left boob looks funny? It is stuffed with an ice pack.

He stayed up with me until 10pm and then once I put him in bed with me, he tossed and turned until after 10:30pm.

I was so tired. I woke up tired and my left breast more engorged than it has been. It has been large, painful, and small lumps.

Before bed last night, I checked it out and there were bruises surrounding it and visible LARGE lumps all over. Even under my armpit there are lumps. It is sooo hard and big (about a D- my other is about a B, small C- so it looks funny! LOL). I took some rated X pics to send Brent and show him and I would totally post them here (you know I'm not scared to be completely open with you after I posted Webb's birth pics), but it is sort of hard to tell and really gross!

When I woke up this morning, I had plans to hit the gym (I haven't since Saturday because of my left breast. It has been that painful. You know I'm hurting if I skip the gym.), but I felt more engorged than I have this far (hard to believe since I have been feeling ENGORGED!!!!). I went back to sleep knowing sleep was most important. I messaged a friend who told me it sounded like I have a clogged milk duct and to keep ice on it and to manually express some milk to let the pressure off. She said to gently massage (OUCH!!!) and to REST!

After Bible study/tornado warnings/drills/sirens, I decided to start massaging and expressing.

As engorged as it is, I could not get any milk out. I knew my friend had been right, it had to be a clogged duct. I massaged and massaged and worked with it for a few minutes and I could finally get a very good flow going. I did that until the pressure was off and continued to massage. Then I applied ice. I already feel better and can lift my arm up. I couldn't do that this morning it was so engorged and lumpy. I will do that again tonight and apply more ice to it.

I can't believe how hard it is weaning Webb. It was so simple with Dane.

Have any of you experienced similar symptoms when you weaned???

BTW, we had tornado warnings all day and a pretty bad one hit in Adairsville. Just a bit north of us in Cartersville. Brent called in because he couldn't sit still here watching the news, so he has been at work since about 12pm and he will work this entire shift (till 7am). Please pray for him, the other first responders, and the victims. Church was canceled tonight and Bible study was dismissed early (after we spent our entire time out in the hallways prepared for a tornado) so it was been a lazy day and night!

Have a safe evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment