Thursday, October 13, 2011

2 weeks!

Alright folks! The countdown has begun.

In 2 weeks, we will begin painting in our house and then once that is complete (hopefully 2 days at the MAX) we will clean the carpets, and finally we will move our furniture in. :D Whoo  hoo!!!!!! Hallelujah. Praise the Lord! I am so excited. I have really missed having my own house. While Brent and I both greatly appreciate my parents letting us move in during this transition time for us, there is something to be said by having your own house. Your space, your food, your furniture, your rules, your decisions, etc. I don't think 2 families are meant to live together. It has it's pros and it has it's cons. Depending on the day, or the week.... one can outweigh the other by a lot. LOL. The kids have enjoyed living here and I know they will miss my parents constant presence when we are gone, but it will be good for all of us. I know my parents (ok, my mom. LOL and she will openly admit it) will be glad to have us gone too. My dad will cry and be depressed for months. His house will be too quiet and lonely without Dane and Webb. BUT... I have no need to worry :D He is already planning on coming straight to our new house after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. LOL. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us bombard your house for 7 months!!! We know it wasn't easy for you and it means so much to us!!!! Don't cheer too loudly when we move out :D

Our move has had me in a constant buzz. I lay awake at night looking at my painted walls, the furniture in the rooms and where I will place it all. The walls and how I should hang everything... Hmmmm.... does that wall need something else? Does that room need something else? I look at the yard and all I want to do there. I think about the basement and how we want a workout room down there. I think about how I will want to arrange it and what sort of storage we will need to have. I want to make sure I have everything bought and ready to go. I want to make sure each room has decor to match the paint and the style of our house. Can you tell I'm excited??? One thing I'm REALLY excited about is that we bought new furniture for our house. We have a new kitchen table (that I LOVE) and a new living room suit. We bought the table a few months back (when we still thought we were building) and we went to Rooms To Go last week and picked out the living room stuff. We didn't "buy a room" we bought a mixture of rooms. LOL. We got a new sofa and loveseat, a leather recliner, a coffee table, 2 end tables, and 2 lamps. So, of course, I'm really excited to get our kitchen table and living room suite delivered!!!

Have you wondered about Buddy? Well, he has been busy traveling back and forth to Santa each night. We have lots of fun with him. We don't make too big of a deal about him right now, after all there are still 2-1/2 months until Christmas, but he does help out with Dane's behavior. Here are a few of the places we have found him.





I also let Dane paint us a picture for the new house. I've always loved the idea of using your child's artwork to decorate. I knew he would be so proud to have something he did hanging up. So, I bought a canvas and painted it gold. I knew I wanted it in our bedroom. The wall is going to be red and our bedspread is gold and black. Then, I let him have fun with the paint. I didn't tell him what to do with it or pick out which colors he could use, I only enforced one color at a time. Otherwise, I knew it would just be a black blob. I wanted it to truly be his. One day, I'd love to have Webb paint one along with any future children. When the basement gets finished and we have a playroom, I want to hang this artwork down there :D Some may thing this is an ugly choice to hang on the wall, but not me. I think it is beautiful and it will be something I cherish always.



Life has been good all the way around. I look at my blessings each day and thank God for blessing me above and beyond. He is soooo good to me and provides for each and every need.

The secret to having it all is believing you already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment