Saturday, October 29, 2011

New House

I know... I know... I know.

I haven't blogged in FOREVER! Trust me, I've been feeling guilty, but I have been so busy and so overwhelmed, this was at the bottom of my list. I decided to log on for a quick update-- no pictures yet! It would take me too much time.

We have begun working in our new house! I am so excited and love it more than I thought I was going to. It was not move in ready and we have been working our butts off to get it in the shape I am happy with and honestly, that is livable. It has been NASTY! I have had to spray the walls and scrub them before applying any paint. When I spray them, brown just leaks down. The baseboards had about an inch (or 2) or dust, the floors are disgraceful, the ceiling fans had so much dust, it was hanging down off the blades, the blinds (I AM NOT using, but attempted to save for us to use) are thick with dust, the bathrooms (OH MY SOUL!!! Let's not even go there) were absolutely, positively the most disgusting things I have ever seen. The kitchen was covered from the floor to the ceiling (and every crack in between along with the inside of all the cabinets) with GREASE. When you would spray them, brown juice would just drip. All the light fixtures are nasty and dirty, so I am also having to wash those. The carpets were nasty along with tons of dust and pet hair. To say we had a lot of work ahead of us was an understatement. Not to mention, our landlord did not finish emptying the house out until late this afternoon. We realized we needed to hire a carpet cleaning company to come in and clean the carpet and the ceramic tiles in the bathrooms. While that went on, we scrubbed and cleaned and wiped and GAGGED! I have never worked so hard to see clean in my whole life. I had no idea this project was ahead of us. It was rather depressing to find when we showed up on Thursday. But, we have worked and we are beginning to see beauty and comfort. I just love it. Seriously, I do. My kitchen and living room is a dark green-- I gave Brent a bunch of greens and let him pick out which one. He made a great choice. It is super homey. Our master bedroom is a red. Not quite as deep as I was hoping for, but I love it nonetheless. I have a beautiful gold comforter I have my eyes on that I mention to Brent daily. I really hope he lets me indulge :D Our master bath is yellowish gold. The paint sample I had was more gold than it turned out to be, but once again... I am ok with it. I just hope it looks good in our guest room. It is painted the same yellow. The bedspread is gold with flowers and I'm hoping it doesn't clash.... :/ The boys' room and their bathroom will be blue-- we haven't started their's yet. All the rooms are needing 2 coats. The baseboards all have to be repainted (yes, they are that bad). The boy's bathroom cabinet is blue along with the trim. That won't work with me painting it blue (no to mention that is hideous) so we have to paint those too. The backs of the doors are painted and nasty (I forgot to mention we have to clean all the doors because they are coated with dust) so we have to paint those too.

We certainly have a TON of work ahead of us. This all has to be done before we move in the furniture. We are going to be super duper busy!!!!!!

I am so thankful for my parents, in-laws, grandparents, sister-in-law and her finance, and cousin who have tirelessly painted, scrubbed, wiped, swept, hung, cleaned, and pretty much anything I ask them to do. We COULD NOT do it without them.

This is just a quick update. I am trying to get ahead on my schoolwork so next week's is done and I can focus on my HOUSE!!! I have 8 more assignments. I'll be up late and back up early to get started before heading back to the house.

G'night and pictures will be coming soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Abby, y'all are amazing doing all that cleaning. But it will be such a great feeling with all your new furniture is in your new sparkling clean house. I totally understand about nasty, our house was the same way. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete