Friday, October 7, 2011

God is so good!

God is so good! I have learned (and it's a lesson I must continue to learn daily) that He knows best and He has it ALL under control.

I clean houses on the side. I am also in school and can hopefully start using that degree in January when I complete school. I was teaching at the gym, but I gave that up after Webb was born. I miss it, but I'm glad I don't have that obligation anymore.

Cleaning houses is a great way to make extra money even though it is really HARD work. I had been cleaning 4 houses on a regular basis and then due to economic hardships (one lady lost her job and another, her hubby took a pay cut) I lost 2 of my houses. Which in all honesty, was ok. I was worn out! I was exhausted and at that time, I was also teaching at the gym and working for my mom here and there. Now, I'm not at the gym and I'm not working much. So, within the year, my income has been cut in half, literally. We make it just fine, but things are tight (heck, who are they NOT tight for???!!) The only problem with working with children, is counting childcare into what I earn. That automatically drops what I make, which means I need to work more, which means I have to pay more... it's just a vicious cycle. I have to say, I've been blessed in that area too! When I clean in Ringgold, our Pastor's daughter keeps my boys. She is wonderful with them and they love her! She is also extremely KIND and splendid and let's me pay her ridiculously low. I feel bad about not being able to pay her more, but I need to bring home a certain amount each month. I am so thankful to the Lord for sending Leah to keep my boys. When I knew I needed to hire someone, I prayed that God would send the perfect person who would be ok with making x amount of $$$.  Otherwise, I would need more jobs and more babysitting from "someone". I asked Leah what she would charge and that is the amount she said. Isn't God good! Why did I ever doubt?

I also clean a house in Cartersville every other week. My mother-in-law is so kind and gracious and keeps my babies while I clean it. She loves to spend time with them and then that allows me to make all of that money (well except for the gas I have to pump to drive 140 miles that day. LOL). But it's all good. I consider it gas money to see our family down that way :D I have been praying for another house down that way since I don't have to pay a babysitter.

Even though I pay Leah incredibly low, I still need to generate a little more in each month, just to help us be truly comfortable AND to enable us to save 6 months worth of expenses (which is my goal right now-- -Brent is soooooooo happy. LOL.). I'm retaking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace class and I'm doing it the RIGHT way this time. I'll write a post on that one day too.

So, I had been praying that God would provide me with another cleaning job, specifically in Cartersville because when I clean down there (every other week) it's pure income. The people I clean for in Ringgold went out of town for the month of October. It was a huge bummer because I count on the money each week and it's a month of NONE!!!! I began praying the day she told me. October was the month I was planning on saving every penny of my cleaning checks to put towards paint and deposits at our new house. Because it is the month we MOVE!!!  Not to mention, I still hadn't finished Christmas shopping AHHHHH! What was I going to do without that money? I'll not lie, at first I was almost sick at the thought of not working for October. Then, I sorta laughed to myself. God has ALWAYS provided. Always. Even when I didn't know how He would and even when afterwards sometimes, it could not be explained if I tried to. He always comes through. We have never gone without anything. I knew He had it all under control. So, I started praying that He would provide for us during October. I didn't have a clue how it would happen, but I did trust Him.

During the 1st week of October, my mom asked me to work a big wedding she had. I knew I could make close to what I make 2 weeks of cleaning in Ringgold (after paying childcare) off that job. At first, it didn't look like I'd be able to... because of the boys. In the end though, Brent could keep them! I was excited. There was how God was going to provide. Lord, thank you!

But wait, God was going to go beyond that. I get this random FB message from someone (in Ringgold) asking if I still clean houses and if so, if I could come give a quote. YIPPEE!!! I was soooo excited. I, of course, agreed and I start next week. God wasn't going to just provide for this month, he was looking out for us for all the months to come. Thank you, Lord!!!

BUT WAIT!!!!! Last night, I get another FB message from someone (in Cartersville) asking if I would be interested in cleaning another house. Just once a month (that is perfect!!!!) I, of course ;), said yes! I haven't heard back from her yet, but I'm still hopeful. If I'm not meant to take on that house, God won't give it to me. I'm good with either answer.

Talk about answered prayers. When I started praying at the end of September for God to provide for October, I had NO IDEA He would provide this way... so abundantly. Although, I really shouldn't be surprised. When I started praying for new cleaning jobs, I really didn't expect to get them without scrounging them up myself. But, God provided so abundantly.... AGAIN!!!

God is so GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment