Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday

Sometimes I realize I haven't posted anything in a few days, yet I'm clueless with what to say. My life is so boring. So, today I've decided to just chat about nothing.

I redid this piece of furniture. It was a first for me. I'm the one who would rather pay a little more and buy something that is just how I like it. LOL. BUT.... I'm trying to experiment. To branch out of my comfort zone. I was at Hobby Lobby and this was marked down to $24.99 from $299.99. The price caught my eye, NOT the piece of furniture. Why anyone would pay that sort of money for something like me is beyond me!


Why on earth would you paint anything to look like this? I debated and debated about buying it. It was a very heavy and sturdy piece of furniture, so I knew it was worth $25, but could I make it look the way I wanted it to look? Hmmmmm. I decided to buy it and try to make it look nice to put in our bathroom.

Once I got it home, I started off by sanding it and for some unknown reason, I wet the sand pad. I realized very quickly that with a little bit of water and a WHOLE lot of elbow grease, the paint would come off with water. I spent about 2 hours getting the paint off. Of course, I had a lot of help and that is probably one of the reasons it took me so long :D

Yes, I realize I look nasty! I hadn't showered from working out. Yuck!


When I finished getting the paint off, it looked like this....



I was still hopeful that I could make it look the way I was hoping.

I went and bought some dark stain. Brent helped me pick out just the right one and just the right brush (which I did not picture).

After I stained it, Brent informed me that I needed to buy a fine sand paper and re-sand it and then stain it again..... Ok. This is my first time to "fix" furniture so I just took him at his word. Off I went to Ace. The lady agreed that my husband was right (He usually is!) and she told me to buy this.



After I re-sanded it, I stained it again and it turned out perfectly!!  I love this little piece of furniture even though ti did cost me around $45 and about 4 hours of time! LOL. I am proud of it though and that counts for something, right?



I love the color of this and how rich it looks. I'm HOPING it will fit in a bathroom at our new house. I want to make this (I already bought the paper for it) and put it on this table. It is an oatmeal container wrapped in your choice of scrapbook paper. It holds 2 rolls of toilet paper perfectly! Love this idea! I found it on Pinterest :D



Another thing I found on Pinterest.... I so want to do this with my boys!


How cute!!

You all know my love of chocolate and sweets in general. I found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffels on Pinterest too. I am meeting up with 2 girlfriends tonight for dinner and fellowship. I made these yesterday to make sure they were, you know... ok to take. I didn't want to embarrass myself ;) Can I just say, OH. MY. SOUL!!!!!!!!! They are absolutely, positively, sin rolled up into a ball. SOOOOOOOOO good!!!!! You have got to find the time to make these!

Can you tell I've been on Pinterest lately???? Yeah, it's a little bit addictive.

Hope ya'll have a great day. I'm off to shower and head to meet a great friend for a playdate!

No comments:

Post a Comment