Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thoughts

Do you ever feel like you have so much on your mind, you don't think you can remember it all or get it all done? That is me right now. We have pictures for the boys in the morning at the Battlefield followed by me running 10 miles. I also have to bake desserts for Webb's party that is on Saturday, not to mention setting up for the party. I need to run to the store for a few things, and cook for our Homecoming celebration at church on Sunday. Sunday night we are going to Cartersville to spend the night and then Monday night I have a housewarming party to go to back in Chickamauga. Oh yeah, I also have to bake a dessert to take there as well. Shew.... I think I may need to camp out in the kitchen for a few hours tomorrow and Saturday :D

BUT.... what is mainly on my mind these days is our new house!!!! :D I lay awake at night painting walls, hanging pictures, placing furniture in it's place, organizing the basement, etc. Ok, not for real, but in my mind. I have sooooo much on my mind that I have notes and "To-Do" lists all over the place. I think I have finally decided on paint colors for the house. The living room and kitchen will be a warm (but not dark) green. I couldn't decide between that and a gold. I personally liked the gold, but Brent liked the green. That made that decision easy. Our bedroom will be a bold red-- I heard once that having a red bedroom makes the room more intimate. Plus, I love red! The boys room will be blue and their bathroom will match. The guest room will be a goldish/dark yellow and the master bathroom will be the same color. Now, I'm debating whether or not to paint the boys room 2 colors. The nursery at our church is newly painted and it looks AMAZING!!! The top half is a light green and the bottom half is a deep chocolate brown. There is a white stripe separating the 2 colors. I fell in love with it last night. The contrast of the colors looks so good and actually makes the room look bigger. So, now I'm wondering if I should do blue on the top and chocolate brown on the bottom? Brent said he could do it no problem---I love that he is as OCD as me. I totally trust him to make that line perfect around the entire room! I just won't stay in there while he does it. LOL.

I've printed off 2 big 11x14 wedding pictures to hang and picked out pictures or wall hangings I wouldn't mind having for Christmas. I now love to walk around home interior stores dreaming of our new home and all the things that would look good in there. Ahhhhh. Can you tell I'm so ready for this???? I am!

Onto other things. Yes, Webb's party is Saturday. I scheduled it for 10am not even thinking about the kids I invited having sports now that it is fall. Quite a few kids can't make it for that reason. I'm still thinking we will have a good crowd there though. I'm really looking forward to it. I was going to order a really cute (and YUMMY) cake for his birthday, but with us moving and all, I decided I can't justify spending $80 on something people will be ingesting. Now I am making 2 desserts. One is a chocolate cake with a mocha icing (although it just tastes like REALLY good chocolate icing) and the other is a pumpkin cranberry bread. YUMMY!!! The best part is, none of the desserts will have colors, high fructose corn syrup, shortening, white sugar, bleached white flour, or anything else bad. YAY :D  I am so excited to celebrate the first year of Webb's life :D

I am really looking forward to running tomorrow. I took off 2 straight weeks of running to help my knee heal (hopefully!). I've struggled with my left knee since becoming a runner in high school. It was really hurting me after those 8 miles 2 weeks ago. I decided a small break would be better than to have to stay off my knee for 6-8 weeks. I've learned that much as a runner. In high school, I got shin splints really bad. I didn't want to stop running though so I didn't. Those shin splints turned into stress fractures- up and down both legs. I could barely walk, let alone run. My coach sent me to the hospital to have x-rays done. I ended up being told to not run for 3 months or my legs to never be the same. Ouch! That wasn't easy to hear. Now, I'm fine with giving my body a break when I need to. I still feel like I have plenty of time to prepare for this 1/2 marathon I have coming up. As long as my knee cooperates, I'll finish the race and finish in 2 hours 20 min --- that is my goal, although I'd love to do faster!!

Leaving ya'll with some pics of the boys :D

My babies sleeping together.

Dane asleep on the way to church last night. He had gum in that was sticking out of his mouth. I couldn't get it in the pic though.

Happy Webb on the way to church last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment