Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Webb's Birth Pictures

Alright folks. I am posting Webb's birth pictures until I can figure out how to chop the video up and make it fit on here. I have had soooooo many friends email me and tell me how much they would love to see the birth. I am completely open to sharing it with everyone who wants to see. I hope it serves as an educational resource for women, pregnant or not, and helps all to see how beautiful and safe home births are. Birth (in a normal, non-high risk pregnancy) is not an emergency. I get and I understand that certain births turn into emergencies or are emergencies from the start and Praise the Lord there are hospitals for those instances would personally reserve a hospital birth for an emergency. I feel in my heart that birth is normal and sacred and I can best achieve all I desire from a birth at home. I respect each lady for their own personal decision. Each story is different and I understand and even appreciate that home birth is not for everyone. I promise you. All you readers who have had hospital births and epidurals (because I know the majority of you have), I hope you aren't reading this and interpreting what I'm saying as, I'm so much better than those women who give birth in hospitals. That is not the case at all. Like I said at the beginning of my blog... this will be a place that I can be open and honest and say what is on my heart. One day, probably soon, I will share my own story, my journey that led me to the place I am today and the decisions I have made for myself and our family. These pictures are unedited and I hope you will honor the fact that I cherish these. They are me.... for the whole world to see :) Please be respectful. Any rude, hurtful, or disrespecting comments will be removed. One day soon maybe the video will upload! Until then..... ENJOY!

Up and dealing with the contractions-- about 6cm here.

That warm water felt sooooooo good!


Add caption



Carolyn keeping a close eye on baby.

Brown bag= I hyperventilate during labor. The brown bag just helps me regulate my breathing.

Trying different positions to see what helped me the most. Movement, in general, helped tremendously.



One of my favorite pictures from the day. I was in the middle of a very intense contraction.




Focusing my mind.


In between contractions was so enjoyable. I chatted and even laughed.

LOVE this picture :D The back drop for this birth was breathtaking!!! Definitely helped me feel safe and comfortable.


Breathing through my contractions. Focusing on not making any sounds and breathing my baby down.




Right after announcing I need to poop :D and Carolyn saying she wants to check me.

I find out here I am 10 cm! and it is time to push out a baby!!! :D Good thing I didn't try to go poop!!!

Moving into a position I am comfortable in to push.



Waiting for the contraction




Listening to Carolyn (and Brent) and stopping my pushes to allow my body to stretch to keep from tearing (which... BTW, I did NOT tear!).


Intense push


Breathing my baby out

Head is completely out!


Brent removing the cord from around baby's neck.

Brent catching the baby and placing him on my chest.

Finding out it's a BOY!!!!

We took one look at you and our hearts stood still.

Inspecting our perfect miracle.





Daddy rubbing Webb's back to help get him some color.







I love how baby's are born knowing how to nurse and WANTING to.

Daddy cutting the cord once it was done pulsing.

Holding Webb that first time.

I moved to the couch-- covered in a shower curtain and towels-- to deliver the placenta. I needed to get out of the water so Webb could get warmed up.

Dane coming shortly after the birth to meet his new baby brother.


Seeing his new brother :D

Our special flower bath.

My world was forever changing.... and all for the better!

Such a sweet picture of love.

Webb Houston Wilkey 09/01/10 9:58am 7lbs even.

No comments:

Post a Comment