Friday, August 17, 2012

Decorating ideas!

Well, folks.

My last post I said we had a big discussion planned. We had that discussion and made yet another round of plans. We originally planned to be out of the house by Sept 30 and spend the month of Sept renovating the new house. Which would mean a TON of driving back and forth to Cartersville. Brent had mentioned that we would be spending the majority of time staying at his mom's to save on gas money. That was when it hit him. Why stay here for the month of September and pay utilities, rent, etc? We could go ahead and store our things in a storage building for a month and stay with his mom and be smart.

I wanted to say, "No" because I wanted that one last month with my family and friends, but I knew that would be silly. He was right and we would save so much money that we could put towards the renovations (or shopping for home decor. LOL).

So, we have 2 weeks to be out of the house! That's right. 2 weeks!!! I have gotten a ton of packing done. Really, the only things left are the dishes we eat on, cups, and the boy's room. After that, it will be the basement (which really doesn't need packing), the attic (which once again, doesn't really need packing. It's baby things.), the furniture, and clothes.

Now, we must pack for the storage building and then pack to live at his mom's for a month. That will be the most un-fun part of it. What should we pack to take and what should we pack to store??? UGH!!! LOL.

Right after we move out of this house, we have a beach vacation scheduled for Sept 2- Sept 9 with my parents. As soon as we get home, we will be renovating the house like crazy and hopefully move in sometime in Sept or early October. I am sooooo stoked!!!!

I have been busy looking at flooring, vanities, appliances, paint, etc. In the midst of that, I have also looked at bedding. I sold the boys' bedding and we are giving them the queen bed that is currently in our guest room. That means they have no comforter. I bought this one today and I am very pleased with it. Their room will be painted navy (I think. We have gone from navy, to charcoal, to chocolate, back to navy again. I think we will stay with navy since the bedding has been purchased.). Our plan is for guests to sleep in the boys room and the boys to sleep in the office on a pullout couch.

Brent also hates our bedding. I have to agree with him here. You get what you pay for. I bought if after we moved here and it is falling apart and we both just can't stand it. I bought it off of Overstock.com and thought I was getting a very high quality comforter. Pssh. I didn't. So, I've been looking and looking and looking and although I like a lot of things, I couldn't find that perfect one. Today, I decided to go with a solid color. Brent and I both like chocolate brown, so that was easy enough. I found one at Bed Bath and Beyond that I hope buy and then put birthday money towards it. I thought this would be a good route because I could do any colors and then even change it if I wanted to. So, I started looking for pillows I liked. That is when I came across this one  and knew I had officially found the one that would help me plan our whole bedroom. I LOVE birds. I have always been drawn bird figurines and wanted to buy them on numerous occasions, but they have never really gone with my decor. This pillow (IMO) screams my name! I looked at this pillow for about 20 minutes before deciding to accent the rest of the room with blue. I will add one of these pillows to each side of the bird pillow. I have looked at paint samples since we made the decision to move with no clue what color to use in our room. Now, I FINALLY know that I will paint our room a dark, brownish, beige, chocolaty color. I then started wondering about the fact my bathroom won't technically go with that. I decided to make the boys bathroom decor mine (since it is blue and brown) and use the extra bathroom decor with what we have currently been using in the master bath. UNTIL I found this shower curtain. I WILL be having this one. EEEEKKK. I love to decorate and I especially love to decorate when it is with things I am in love with. Our bedroom is officially bird them and colorful :D Two of my favorite things!

I think I have most of the paint colors decided. Our room is that deep, dark, neutral color along with our bathroom. The boys room will be navy. The living room and hallway will be the same green our living room is now. I love that green. Our kitchen will be gold (the same gold in our guest room now unless I find one I like better) and the boys bathroom will also be gold. The guest bedroom/office is the only thing stumping me. I had found this couch that turned into a bed at Costco I loved. But I wanted to use black in there and that couch was more brown. So, now I am thinking a black leather futon that is at Costco. If we do that, I will paint a deep grey/almost purple.

Ahhhhh. Can you tell I am excited to start on this house? It is so close. Brent heads down to Villa Rica in the morning at 6am to take his FINAL national exam. PLEASE say a prayer for him. I know he will do great, but he certainly appreciates the prayers. After that, he will officially be finished. Sunday, he will go to Cartersville and put up a privacy fence at our new place for our chickens and all. Then, he will come home and help me finish packing up. He will eventually go back down to rip up all the floors. Then, we will paint all the walls and he will put new floors down. After that, we will do the bathrooms. So much work to do, but I am really looking forward to it :D

Have a happy and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment