Sunday, August 5, 2012

Psalm 127

Today, we went to church.

Sundays are stressful each and every week and today was no exception. For whatever reason, there are various arguments, attitudes, and tantrums every. single. Sunday. morning. Today, was no exception.

The week has been stressful (heck, the last 10 months have been stressful), there has been bumps, twists, turns, and set-backs. There have been tears, spankings, and time-outs (and not just for the children). Yes, life has happened during this last week.

The best thing about church, ending your week (or starting, however you look at it) in the Lord's house, is being uplifted, refueled, and encouraged. Sure, the world has problems, but the Bible tells me to have peace and be cheerful... in this world I will have tribulation or trouble, but God has already overcome the world and my troubles. Today's message was just what I needed to hear, to be reminded of.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  --- John 16:33


For whatever reason, this week, the devil has been active. He has brought with him discouragement and troubles. It has been a super stressful week. 

Our Preacher preached a message today on families and the fact that the devil is alive and well and looking to hit us hard in the area of families. He is looking to destroy and conquer things most precious to me... my family. He wants to disrupt my home. Brother Ball asked, "How Can a Home Make It These Days?"

He brought up the fact that we need to turn to the Word of God. We don't need to look to the world... the world is lost and dying... the world is F-----A-----R away from God. We need to turn to the Only One who can help us. Jesus Christ. His Word, the Bible, is still applicable and relevant for us today.

We looked at the verses in Psalm 127:

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Brother Ball reminded us all of the song, "The wise man built his house upon the rocks..." and "The foolish man built his house upon the sand...."

We all know how that ends. The man who built his house on the rocks, when the wind and waves came, his house stood firm. The man who built his house upon the sand, when the winds and the waves came, his house went "CRASH!!!"

That is the key. Our foundation. I need to build my foundation, our family's foundation, on the Lord. If I exclude Him out of my home, His protection has gone out the window. He has to be first. Not second. FIRST. 

I can't live like the world. I can't act like the world. I can't talk like the world. I can't look like the world. I can't think like the world. I must be different. I must set my foundation on the Lord to be able to withstand the storms and the trials that come my way.

If I don't let the Lord be ruler over my house, be FIRST in this house, then I am laboring in vain. It is pointless. All my efforts are pointless.

If I don't make God a priority in my home, then I labor in vain and my family will suffer.



I hope this encourages you to make the Lord the foundation for your home as well. I strive to make him the foundation in mine, yet I fail so often. So often I let other priorities come before Him and my goal is to become aware of this and to stop it now!!

Ya'll have a wonderful Sunday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment