Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Renovated Hearts and Houses

It's amazing at the ways God works, isn't it?

A week ago, I was down, discouraged, and worried. Today,  I am excited, hopeful, and optimistic. God has completely changed my heart about this move. He has used so many avenues to help me see more clearly that this is, indeed, His will for me, for our family. He has allowed me to see how much He loves me and cares for me. I have a renewed sense of life. I am so ready for this journey.

Yes, there are some things that have not changed.

I am really going to miss my family and the ability they have to be at my house in 15-20 minutes. But, things could be worse. I will only be an hour away and I will be up in Ringgold every Friday. I KNOW they will be in C'ville often :-) and that we will still remain close knit, as we always have.

I will miss my friends. I know a move will not make a difference in strong friendships though and already I have made plans to stay in touch, do Bible Study, have girl's nights, visit, etc. on a regular basis with so many gals. Plus, I am trusting God to send Christian friends my way and my husband's way. Like-minded friends where we are raising our children in the same atmosphere. Where our friends don't have to filter their language to hang out with us and friends where we don't have to worry about what will be happening when we hang out together. I trust that the Lord will provide all of this and more.

I will miss our church and the fellowship we have there also. Once again, I am praying for a new home church and believing God already has the perfect location for us.

Yes, lots has changed and all for the good.

So many things are falling into place, showing us more and more how we are headed down the right track.

The last blog entry I was talking about how I wanted updates and renovations done yesterday and how in a perfect world, they would be done when we moved in.

TA-DA!!!!!

Isn't God good????

THEY WILL BE!!!!

We are getting a bit bigger loan (and the mortgage won't go up much at all). We will rip out all the floors and put new hardwood in the kitchen, living room, and hallways, ceramic tile in both bathrooms, and fresh new carpet in the bedrooms. Then we are ripping out the master bath, putting in a new, bigger, shower, a new dual flush toilet, and a new vanity. In the boys' bathroom, we are doing the same thing. In the living room, we are taking down the paneling and replacing with sheet rock. We are making an "extra" part of the kitchen into a massive laundry room and walk-in pantry AND all the rooms will have beautiful new paint.

Can you tell I am excited???

I will be super busy as we renovate these next couple of weeks. I have never done and renovation and I feel like this is super cool that we will be moving into a new house for a fraction of what we are paying for this out-dated place. LOL. Plus, it will be OURS. The freedom of not renting. I am sooooooo excited.

God has also worked wonders in the area of my heart that loves our mini farm. Yes, I still love it, but I really and truly am ok with leaving it behind. I really am. That is something only God could have worked.

Your prayers have been felt and answered on so many levels :D Thank you!!!

Lots to keep you updated on in the next few days and weeks. We have some more major decisions that await us this week. This evening we have an important little chat planned where we will discuss some big details.

I was going to post pictures, but I feel like being lazy while I can :-)

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment