Saturday, August 11, 2012

Packing and Churches


Moving.

It's an exciting/anxious/scary time.

Our goat is gone and tons of the chickens are gone. We are keeping a total of 9 for ourselves so I am handling the chicken thing ok.

I have gone through various rooms and found things we don't use and posted to sell them.We won't have near the storage space at the new house and also, the unexpected news of the move, we are trying to make some extra cash. It is amazing what all I sold yesterday and what all I am scheduled to sell today. I am sure we will have TONS more as I actually pack.

UGH.

Packing.

Not something I enjoy. Brent went and picked up some boxes yesterday, but now we have decided (I think) to not box up as much as we can. We are thinking we will drive to Cartersville 2 times a week with a load. My  van will hold quite a bit and we will start with the things we won't be using. Brent is going today to clean the carpets. Once that is done, I will go and clean, probably on a day we take a load. He also has to put up a fence (hence the selling everything we can find) in the back.

It's overwhelming. The house needs a lot of updating and remodeling. Of course, that will come in the future. That is hard for me. I like for things to be done yesterday. I want the walls painted when we move in, the trim painted when we move in, the extra walls added when we move in, the laundry room moved when we move in, etc. I am HAVING to be patient due to lack of funds. It will all come in time.

My main concern is church. I try to pray about it when the anxiety sits in, but I am really nervous about finding a good church. The church that I KNOW God has for us. One that preaches from the Word of God and challenges me to grow spiritually. One that offers the things a family like us needs and also wants. Visiting churches with little ones is NOT easy. Especially when you have one that is prone to pass out in uncertain circumstances. We visited a church in town with some friends one time and both boys had a very hard time. They were both screaming crying when we left them. It was not easy to do. So, yes. I am realllllly dreading the visiting. I pray we find a church very quickly. I am also struggling with the fact that I know nothing about the churches in the area. I have grown up and lived in this area my whole life. So, practically every church I know something about. I have an idea about ones I would never, ever visit and the ones that I would be willing to try. Maybe that is a good thing??!! I don't know. For some reason, I feel like it would be better to go ahead and be able to mark some off our list.

I had just started doing a Bible study with my dear friend before this decision was made, the decision to move. The study intrigued me, held me captive, and challenged me. That was one thing I was the most sad to give up. BUT!!!!! We have made the plans to continue and also included my BFF from Highschool and college into the mix. Yay. I am so excited that we will see each other every week. I am hopeful that since we are planning it before hand, it will be something we truly stick with. Our plan is to meet in the middle once a week at maybe Starbucks or Chick-fil-a. They are both teachers, so we will meet after school. Brent will either keep the boys or if he is working, I will drop them off at my in-laws on my way out (my in-laws don’t know this yet!). That gives me a mommy break, some friend time, and some spiritually growing/challenging time--- 3 things I am most nervous about not having :D

I’m not going to lie. Fear creeps in from time to time. Anxiety grips me so tightly that it’s hard to breathe. It’s those times that I cry out to the Lord to give me strength, to let me trust the unseen hand of God, and to stop the lies of Satan. I do believe this is the Lord’s will, so of course Satan is going to want to stop this from happening. I believe God has wonderful things in store for us and Satan does not want to see these things occur. Please pray for me concerning these things also. I could also use prayers in the emotions department. I know the next few weeks will be emotional for me. I know I may feel drained emotionally and exhausted emotionally. I need strength and excitement to be the 2 emotions I experience the most.

I know you will pray for me. I appreciate the encouragement from sooooo many of my friends and readers. The texts, messages, and prayers mean so much to me.

Until next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment