Monday, August 20, 2012

The Best

When the ladies at our church heard about our move, they got together and decided to make us meals for a week.

At first, I didn't understand why they were bringing us meals. I felt sort of guilty receiving them. Fixing meals for your family and another family is not easy or cheap. It can actually be rather stressful.

Each night they brought the meals, I felt sooooo loved. My dearest friends were doing what they could to help bear my load. They were helping in the only way they really knew how to help. No, it wasn't easy or cheap to prepare our meals and bring them to the house, but they did it out of love for me.

Now, I understand why they did it. They wanted to show me how much they love and care about me. I am going to miss my friends. More than they know. I pray the Lord has ladies in Cartersville who will love me and care about me and be willing to show that love and care even when it's inconvenient or costly.

Another dear friend, Lisa, heard that my mom and I had TONS of errands to run tomorrow for the new house and for this current house. The minute she heard she told me to drop my boys off at her house for the day so we wouldn't have to fight them in and out of 100's of stores. Her concern and selflessness brought tears to my eyes. What a HUGE blessing that will be. My mom and I can get our errands done, enjoy one another's company, and not fight Dane and Webb in the process.

Today, I have been getting over mastitis, for a 2nd time in a week. UGH. Last night I felt SO horrible. I had a high fever, my husband was in Cartersville renovating the new house, and Webb was testing every limit. My mom and dad were kind enough to come over at 8pm (after driving 12 hours) to help me with the kids. It was such a huge help! I am so grateful for how much they help me out!!!

Today, although there is MUCH to do, I have been taking it easy to try and get better. There really is so much left to do. I know we will get it all done though, we always do.

And I certainly know, the load is easier to bear with the BEST family and friends a girl could ask for! If you have been a part of what I spoke of, THANK YOU does not begin to express my appreciation :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment