Thursday, August 9, 2012

I don't care

A man came to look at Nellie today. He fell in love with her and said he would be coming back tomorrow to buy her. Dane went up to the barn with me and fed her out of his hands, ran around with the animals, and fed all the chickens. The man thoroughly loved watching Dane in his "element".

Not me.

I felt my heart breaking in half more and more with each second.

After the man left, I closed the barn door and knelt down to be eye level with Dane. I touch his shoulders and said, "Dane, that man that just left, he is coming back tomorrow and taking Nellie home with him. Ok?"

Dane shrugged his shoulders and said, "Ask me if I care."

Not fully understanding him, I said, "What?"

He said, "I don't care. I don't care if he takes her, mom."

Then, he turned around and started playing again.

Shocked, I busted out laughing and hugged him close. I said, "Maybe God will use you to make this easier on me!"

Thankful for Dane and for God giving Dane the ability to "not care" because that was NOT what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment