Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A day late on Tuesday

Once again, I'm a day late. I'll warn you... I'll probably be a day late on Wednesday's post too. LOL.

Yesterday was soooooo much better than Monday! SO much better!!!

I got up, had my coffee, blogged, and took at test. I made us breakfast (eggs and oatmeal) and then the boys and I played.

I was knew I was hosting the purse swap at my house, but I also knew that sweeping and mopping was pointless with the boys there. I went ahead and dusted (with my homemade "pledge"-white vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice) first thing in the morning.

After Brent and Josh finished working out downstairs, I took my turn--- Chest and Triceps. It was a short, but good workout.

When I came back up, I made a protein shake/lunch. 1/4 vanilla soy milk, 3/4 water, scoop of vanilla whey, 2 Tbsp Flax Seed, 1 Tbsp Peanut butter, quite a bit of cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder. YUMMY!

The boys played some more and I did laundry and fixed my dish-- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. Side note--- It was a "dip" theme. Everyone was to to bring a dip. I'll admit, I thought that might not be so yummy to just have dips. I was WRONG!!!! Soooooo many to chose from and all of them were so good.

Mom and Dad were keeping the boys for me (THANK YOU!!!!) because Brent had school. Next year, mom is coming to the purse swap though :D I talked to mom and she said she would meet me for the boys around 4pm to allow me to finish getting everything ready. I showered me and the boys and got us ready. Before leaving, I cleaned both bathrooms. Then we went to meet mom. I came back home and said goodbye to Brent who was leaving for school. He had a really important test and then his final is Thursday (tomorrow). Another side note---- While partying away ;) I received this picture in a text from my amazing husband.


I was sooooo proud!!!!

I came home, swept and mopped, and sat out my concentrates to thaw for the punch.

My friend Nicole (the "Queen" over all us girls. She plans things for us to do monthly and she is great at planning fun events!) got here early to help me get everything together. That didn't take long so we got to sit and chat for awhile before the guests began arriving. I think we were planning on 19 and we had 26 or 27 show up. It was such a FUN night!!!! I only got 1 picture of the group (more were behind me at the food and drink table). My friend Tara got TONS of good ones though ;)



We enjoyed all the dips, 2 different kinds of punch, 2 fun games, 1 ugly PJ contest, and 1 thieving purse swap. I laughed and laughed and laughed!!! I also scored! Check out my new purse.


I would just like to say (I know I have said it before) that I have the BEST group of girlfriends. We have so much fun together. To say I've been blessed in that department is the understatement of the year. I am amazed at the amount of close friends I have. Seriously, the ladies at my church are my dearest friends. I can count on them for absolutely anything and they love me and my family. I feel so overwhelmed  at times when I think on my friendships. God knew just what I needed when He placed us at Liberty.

The boys had a blast with their grandparents. They went to look at Christmas lights, when to an indoor playground after dinner (at McDonalds. Thank you mom and dad for feeding them at home 1st!), and strolled around Ace.


Then, mom and dad were gracious enough to bring them all the way home at 10pm in the pouring down rain. The house was so easy to clean up and I got in the bed with a spotless house at a decent hour.

Today is a lazy day for us with church tonight :D

I'm also thinking of posting my new workout challenge I'm on. I'm kind of nervous to do so though and that is why I have not made up my mind. I started in on Monday and it is a 12 week program. I took my before pictures yesterday (in my bikini.... yeah, who wants to look at pictures of themselves in that???!!!!) and while I know I am in "shape" I am really wanting to gain muscle and tone up. I haven't decided yet if I will do it or not. If anyone is interested in seeing my before pictures and hearing about my 12 week plan and then seeing the after pictures, let me know. That will help me decide if I will do it or not.

I hope y'all have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment