Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday.

I am sick.... AGAIN. AND, I would like to emphasize, that I NEVER get sick. Ever. This is the 2nd time I have been sick in a month. I was confused and slightly irritated by it and Brent reminded me it is the stress I am under. You guys know, I do not fear being "sick". I do not fret. I do not rush to the doctor. I do not google my symptoms and what they could mean. I do not call my mom or nurse friend and ask what I should take. I do not care about getting "germs"... I think germs are GOOD for us!!!! In fact, I even think "sick" is a good thing and I think there is always a root cause to that. I do not take medication. I care nothing about treating the symptoms I am experiencing, I care about why the symptoms are there. I want to treat the cause so the symptoms leave and stay gone. What is my body trying to tell me? What does my body need from me? I try to listen and obey. Sometimes, it is as easy as rest. I have a tendency to go, go, go. I don't stop and rest... well, ever really. I have found that mastitis (which I've had more times than I can remember) is my body's way of saying, "I need a break."  With mastitis, I have no choice but to stop and do nothing but rest. "Sickness" can occur from many things. It can be as simple as dehydration, overly tired, stress, bitterness, anxiety, sadness, and so much more. I want to know why I have a headache or why I am throwing up and treat the reason that brought the symptom along. I do not want to treat the headache or the stomach bug. I want to treat the root cause of it.

Stress. Yes, I admit to experiencing some stress for the month of November. Definitely more stress than my body is used to. Stress lowers or weakens your immune response making it easier to get "sick". So, I spent today with diarrhea. Yes, I know, I always give you more info than you probably cared to get. I woke up with a queasy stomach. After my dream/nightmare the night before last and Dane spreading the word we have a baby on the way, in my half away, half asleep state, I thought I was pregnant. FYI--- I do NOT like being pregnant. I am sick for 9 long months. I love babies and children and it is totally worth every single second of it, but I'm not one of those ladies who could be pregnant year round..... like Michelle Duggar. I woke up in a panic. Turns out, no puke... just the opposite.... alllllll day long. My stomach would cramp and hurt so bad, but I didn't feel bad until tonight. Then, I started feeling horrible. Nevertheless, I am blogging while attempting to get Webb to sleep, hopefully for the night!

This morning, I unknowingly slept in. I guess subconsciously I knew  I was sick. I got up when I was awoken by Dane. I got him milk and cartoons and fell back asleep in the recliner with him.

Webb and Brent got up (Brent experienced what I did all day too! Fun stuff.). Brent went back to bed until 3pm (why is it dad's get to be sick and us mom's have to work through it??!!). Somehow, I managed to assist the boys through homemade Christmas ornaments. Our tree is pretty sad. We have around 20 ornaments. Plus, I figured the boys would have a blast. Recipe will come later.






After that and breakfast, I was pooped. I cleaned up the floor so we wouldn't track it all through the house and then I crashed in the recliner and tried to take it easy and rest the way I knew my body was demanding.




Yeah, that is hard with 2 rowdy boys. After much begging and pleading from Dane, I mustered up enough strength to put us in clothes and go outside to play. I had to run in to the toilet twice (at an alarming speed) and then fly back out to them.

I even managed a trip to the road, which, I'll be honest, I don't know how. They both wanted the wagon and it about killed me.


Brent came out to join us (saying he felt better) and I even cleaned up the yard a bit while Brent kept an eye on the boys. It drives me nuts having clutter and junk in the yard that does not belong to me. I am not a fan of eye sores and I have been dying to clean it up. I loaded up a ton of stuff that was under the carport and hauled it behind a storage building on our land to hide it.

I felt so much worse after that. Duh! Sometimes, my OCD kicks in and this is an example.

We came in and decided to run to Walmart for some soup. I knew I couldn't handle much and grilled cheese and tomato soup sounded good. While in Walmart, I started feeling worse and worse and WORSE.

We got home and I just wanted to crash. I was exhausted (I fought Webb till after midnight last night, got up with Dane at 7am not feeling good, and took care of them while being sick all day.). My body was demanding a rest. I cooked us dinner and tried to make the boys happy. Both were running on no naps due to my lack of energy to enforce one today. I was hoping to hold off on bath time until 7pm because I knew Webb would go right to sleep after his, but it didn't work. We got in around 6pm. I just sat on one of the seats in there while the boys played. That didn't last long though. Webb spotted me and wanted to nurse (he was super tired). So, I sat in the floor of the shower and nursed him maybe 20 minutes while Dane played. I didn't have the energy to do anything else.

One funny story--- After nursing, Dane found a way to make Webb laugh and that freed up my arms to bathe us all. Then Webb started pointing and screaming at what looked like the handle to turn on the water. I picked him up and he was pulling it and grunting. I figured he was ready to get out. All the sudden, he turned it to the right and it got ice cold. Immediately, he started laughing hysterically and tipping his head back so the ice cold water hit him right in the face. I was about to DIE!!! Dane started laughing (yes, both of them LOVE cold water!!!). I would turn it back to hot while he was leaned back in it and the minute the chill was taken off the water, he would sit up and start grunting and pulling the handle again. When the ice cold water came out, he would laugh a belly laugh and tip that head back. Water was in his eyes, up his nose, and he was having to spit it out of his mouth periodically. That boy is a mess! But it did make me laugh!

I finally got us out and tossed Brent all of Dane's stuff for bed. I got me and Webb in our jammies and headed to do our nightly ritual--- we go in the guest room, sound machine as loud as it will go, Webb nursing, and me blogging or checking FB, email, pinterest, etc. He goes to sleep like this and I lay him on the guest bed. Then, I leave him on that bed until Brent and I go to bed. That way, we can have lights on, talk, etc. without waking him up. It works. 

Now, he went to sleep around 6:45pm. I am praying so hard that he sleeps through the night! He was up late last night, up early this morning, and only had one nap. There is a chance this could work.

I am praying that I feel better tomorrow. I hate missing church and then in the afternoon is our annual Christmas Concert. The Ball Brother's (3pm at 65 Liberty Drive in Chickamauga GA if you are interested) are singing and it is always such a FUN time. I will be so bummed if I miss out :(

As for me... I really and truly am about to do what my body has been begging to do all day.....

NOTHING!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment