Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 20



Good afternoon!





We have had a fun and busy day already. Each Tuesday morning, we go to story time at the local Library. It is so much fun. We do songs, stories, and crafts. My boys really look forward to going and they love seeing their cousin Brooks there.

Today, is day 20 of my blog challenge. Do you feel like you know me better now?? LOL. I hope you don't feel like my husband does, like you know too much about me.

 3 Significant Memories from my childhood:

1) I remember being at my Gran and Boppa's house. My little sister, Amanda, was always right there by my side and we loved to go over there. We would play outside, in the bedrooms, and in the kitchen. We always loved to "cook". Sometimes, it would be for real because Gran always was patient and willing to let us help, other times, it would be pretend. Gran would let us pull out all her pots and pans, utensils, bowls, etc. and "cook". We made quite the mess and I'm sure we were also entertaining. I have some of the most fond memories of being at my grandparents. Once they moved to the farm, I would go down there and play school bus. I would get on the riding lawn mower and drive all over the yard picking up kids and dropping them off at school or home. I also loved to help work at the farm. I wanted to get my hands dirty and do something! Good memories :-)

2) I remember our old house, back in Brainered. I think can think of so many specific memories there. We had this tire swing out back tied to this HUGE tree (or so it seems in my mind). We would climb the tree to the roof of a shed (I was 4 years old people! Talk about brave parents!) and we would jump on the tire swing and swing off. There was also a tree house in a big tree out front. I loved getting up there. We lived there for the blizzard of '93 and I remember going to our neighbors house. They had built a real live igloo. It was awesome. I remember our elderly neighbors. My dad would also whisper, "Say 'Hey you Old Goat' ". Amanda and I would do it and laugh as they acted like they couldn't believe we had said that. Good memories... once again.

3) I remember my dad laying and praying with me and my sister each night. Every night after dinner and bath time (and a full day of work for my dad), he would hike up the stairs and lay in our bed with us. We would sing songs, laugh, and pray. His favorite song in the whole world for us to sing was, "I want to marry daddy when I grow up." It was during this special time daddy would talk to us about Jesus and Heaven. One night when I was snuggled up next to my dad, I told him I wanted to ask Jesus in my heart. Dad knew I was young (5 years old) and he never wanted us kids to feel pressured. He wanted us to do it for our sake, not to please him. He told me to wait a few nights and if I still wanted to, he would lead me through a prayer.  A few nights later, I mentioned it to dad again. He knew I must be sincere and he led me through a prayer where I admitted that I was a sinner and I knew Jesus had died on the cross to pay for my sin. I asked Jesus to forgive me and to come live in my heart and to help me be more like Him and always live my life for Him. I was 5 years old, but I meant every word. Yes, I have such good memories from my childhood. 

I am thankful that my childhood memories are all happy. I had a mom and a dad who loved me with all their hearts. They raised us in a Christian home where we went to church and we were taught right and wrong. There were always consequences for our wrongs, but unconditional love no matter what we had done. My brother, sister, and I are blessed. So many children are raised in homes where the name of Jesus is never mentioned. Where church is an unknown place. Where the parents drink excessively and take drugs. Where mom and dad fight and holler and scream and physically and verbally hurt one another. Homes where they feel alone and unloved. I am sooooo thankful my home was not like that. I pray I can provide the same sort of safe haven they provided us with to my children.

Thanks, mom and dad for such a lovely childhood! I have the best memories!
 

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment