Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yesterday along with the Future







I had every intention of blogging last night, but when I logged onto FB while nursing Webb to sleep, I saw all the Debate statuses and there was noooooo way I could go to bed or do anything else other than watch that. As soon as Webb fell asleep, I was curled up on the couch cheering for Romney and SMH at Obama. It was a great debate, other than the fact that Obama stumbled around, stuttered, and was practically trying to come up with answers he could believe in and stand behind like Romney. Yep.... America deserves a President who is confident in what he says and will do what he claims he will do. We already know Obama won't. Ok. Stepping off the soapbox now. If  you are an Obama fan, you are probably no longer a fan of my blog. And that is fine with me :-) I state my honest opinions here.



  Onto the challenge! Yesterday I was supposed to name one super power. Hmmmm. If I could have one super power, it would be to wish money into existence. Is that considered one? There is so much I would do with it, other than go shopping!!!

Seriously, I am not just saying that to sound good, because trust me, this ole girl would be out shopping and decorating the new house. I would put the best of the best in there, my top pick in decor and updates and even add on to the house. I would go buy new clothes and shoes and accessories for me and my hubby and kids. Then, I would pay off all the debt in my family and in our immediate family. I would splurge on everyone all the time. Then, I would tithe generously each week, support missionaries on my own, support various causes that I find important, give to the needy, put up random homeless people in hotels with new clothes and fresh food. I would buy children clothes and shoes whose parents cannot afford them. I would go on and on. And believe me, I can shop and I never drop!!!! I would have a lot of fun with that super power!!!

For today, where do I see myself in 5, 10, and 15 years?

In 5 years, I will be 30, I see myself with 3 (or 4--- fingers crossed, fingers crossed!!!!) children. I see me homeschooling, gardening, going to the EMS station to see my hubby (he should be a paramedic by this time) and have lunch with him, taking awesome vacations field trips on a monthly or bimonthly basis (Thank you "Kelly" day with EMS-- my hubby will get 5 days off in a row once a month), going to Bible Study and homeschool support groups, watching my children wrestle or perform in karate, just being a wife and a mom. I hope and pray my doula business has grown in the Cartersville area and that I am attending a birth a month (that will pay our new mortgage with some left over! Heck yeah!) or a birth every other month. The things I already do and love so much. My kids will be older and more self sufficient. I see me teaching them and training them, praying with them and for them, and just enjoying this life where I am already too blessed.

In 10 years, Oh my goodness. I will be 35! And I will for sure have a 14 year old and a 12 year old and possibly a younger one (or 2--- fingers crossed, fingers crossed!!!!). I expect that in many ways, my life will be crazier than it already is. They will have things they want to be involved in, places they want to go, people they want to see, etc. Obviously, I will keep a limit on some of those things, but hey, that is the beauty of homeschool, I get to let them pursue interests and hobbies they care about the most and I plan on utilizing that benefit. I will be enjoying life with my husband pursuing his dream and thriving, my boys growing up and maturing, and me living the dream. Who knows, by this time, maybe I will have pursued something that interests/intrigues me-- sewing/quilting. Something I currently know NOTHING about. I can't even sew on a button for crying out loud. But I want to be able to do that and more. Maybe I will have the opportunity to in 10 years. 

In 15 years, EEEEEK!!!!! I will be 40!!! I see myself still working out on a consistent basis and being in as good of shape as I am now... perhaps even better! I plan to age gracefully ;-) I will have a 19 year old and a 17 year old (maybe we will decide to have another baby!! Either number 4 or 5! LOL). I suppose I will be adjusting to life with a child no longer living with us. Maybe Dane will be away at college pursuing God's will for his life or maybe he will still live at home and go to a local school. I will have another one on the verge of leaving the nest, finishing up high school, preparing for graduation. My throat is closing up as I think about this and tears are coming to my eyes. I cannot imagine how this will feel. I am sure among the sadness and nostalgia that is sure to come, I will feel pride and happiness at the men they have turned into and excitement for the next stage and chapter of life. My husband will be 46 (I hope he is still alive at that age. JK) and I see us enjoying one another. Cherishing the days with our children who are still at home. I see us still working out together, going on weekend trips together, just the two of us, snuggling up to watch old home videos at night and talking about when our babies were young and the days seemed long and the nights seemed longer. We will think back and recall happy memories, funny occurrences. I'm sure we will rehash the story of "us" a time or two, like we do now. I'm sure above all, we will be happy, content, and more in love with each other than we are now.

Thinking about the future brings on so many emotions. I am grateful for my life, blessed beyond measure, and excited about seeing where I am in 5, 10, and even 15 years.

For an update on Dane, we went back to the Chiropractor yesterday, his lump is almost completely gone. His lymph nodes in his neck are still quite swollen. We continue on with the black walnut and probiotics and go back to the chiropractor on Monday. Thank you for all the kinds words you had after my last blog and for all the prayers :-) You guys are great!

Make it a great Thursday! 

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? 
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment