Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 25, 26, and 27.

Day 25:

If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and where would you eat?

 In all honesty, if I could have dinner with anyone in history, it would be my husband's grandmother. I never had the opportunity to know her and love her. I have always heard such wonderful stories about her and I would love to spend an hour or 2 with her, eating and asking her questions about my husband. I guess we would eat somewhere local, in Cartersville, maybe at her favorite place.

Day 26:

What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

Hmmm... that is easy. That they can do anything they want, even if it goes against the Word of God and their will be no consequences. It is sad to me and scary for them.

Day 27:

What is your favorite part of your body and why?

My stomach. I am proud that it has carried 2 precious babies for 9 months. I am proud that it is hard and flat and depending on how hard I have been working out, you can see some abs present. Really, no one other than my husband sees it (unless I am in a swimsuit),  but I like that I am comfortable enough to show it.

Yes, I missed 3 days. I wish I could say it was from the craziness of life and how we have been working crazy hours on the house and should be moving in soon, but it is more from laziness. LOL.

We went to Oakland Heights Baptist Church on Sunday. It has been the church I have wanted to visit since before we moved. I came with no idea about which churches to try out. I had to research on my own and pray. That turned out to be a good thing. I truly felt like God was leading us there, even before we moved. Brent did not want to visit there. I don't know why and he really didn't know why (maybe because it was my idea and not his). We went this past Sunday (the first opportunity we have had) and we both LOVED it. Before it even started, Brent told me he really liked it and wanted to come back. I go to CBS there and so the boys are familiar with the children's wing. They both ran right in to class and never looked back. Each song that was sung, brought tears to my eyes. EVERYONE was so friendly and made us feel like they were so genuinely happy to have us there. There was a missionary from London in town and he gave the message. I was bummed to find out we wouldn't hear the Preacher, but man! The missionary man was AWESOME!!!!

He got me to really thinking of where my home is. This earth is not my home. Heaven is. I should live my life with that in mind and that as my focus. He said, "Where do you turn to, or Who do you turn to when things are good or bad? Your answer shows what you worship. What is most important in your life." WOW!!! That is good.

It got me to thinking. Who or what do I worship? Is it money? Possessions? Do I spend my time thinking, "If I could just get this or that then I would be truly happy." Instead of desiring, in the same way, a closer relationship with my Lord and a deeper understanding of His Word? Where do I turn my focus in the good times? Where do I turn my eyes in the hard times? What am I seeking for JOY???? Joy is so much different than happiness. Joy comes from a Source.

 One thing he said that has had me thinking since then was, "God created this whole world in SIX days. Can you believe that? Six days????  It is hard to wrap our human minds around the awesomeness of that fact alone. I haven't seen in person much of the world, but I have visited some beautiful places. I have also seen lots of pictures of beautiful places. Hawaii. Oregon. Northern Ireland. Alaska. California. And more. Certain land marks. Famous locations. Even just the daily sunrise and sunset. The flowers. The mountains. The ocean. Waterfalls. It is all so gorgeous and amazing that He spoke it into existence and that he created EVERYTHING in SIX days! The Bible says that the Lord is preparing a place for me. He has been preparing that place for 2,000 years. If he spent 6 days creating Earth and it is this magnificent, think about what a place will look like that He has been working on for 2,000 years. The beauty is beyond our comprehension. We CANNOT fathom what we will see and experience in Heaven, but we can KNOW it is far more majestic, beautiful, and PERFECT than anything or any place we can see on earth.

That is exciting to me!

All of that to say, I needed that message, the Lord knew I did, and I can't wait to see if this is truly where the Lord wants us.

We are both looking forward to going back this week. I think God may have sent us here for this reason... perhaps :-) It is exciting regardless.

I am headed to work on the house. We were supposed to begin the hardwood floors yesterday, but the sheet rock men took longer than expected and did not finish until Sunday :-/ Oh well, Brent and Freddie went yesterday to start painting ceilings and they are over there now to do the same thing and begin painting walls. I am excited! I have a crazy assortment of colors picked out--- pink, beige, purple, turquoise, yellow, green, and chocolate brown. It definitely matches my colorful personality ;-)

Hope you all have a great week.

Tomorrow I will tell you all my love language.

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? 
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered fo

1 comment:

  1. I for one am happy that your family came to visit at OHBC. We look forward to getting to know your family.

    ReplyDelete