Thursday, October 11, 2012

Love Me or Hate Me

 I think I am getting worse and worse about staying on top of my challenge :-) 30 days is a lot of blogging!

Yesterday, I was to list my love language?

My love language is a close tie between Gifts and Acts of Service.

These are the top 2 ways I show my love. 

Gifts come in first on the Love Language Quiz (that I took years and years ago and then recently when my husband I took a Love Language SS class at church). I LOVE gifts, not only receiving, but also giving. When someone gives me a gift (no matter how small or inexpensive) it shows me they care about me, they were thinking of me, and they want to make me happy. I do not consider myself materialistic in my loves of gifts. It is just me. I also love to shop for others (I think we have covered this during my challenge) and search for that perfect gift for someone. 

Due to the fact we are thrifty and very frugal, sometimes I show love in my other language-- Acts of Service. I show this love at home a lot. I carry most, if not all, of the weight of the household responsibilities and I am ok with that, for the most part (I won't lie and say there are days that it doesn't annoy me or I don't want help). I do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, clean up after meals, taking out the trash, running all the errands bath and bedtime for both boys, pack lunches, I took care of all the animals when we had them, some yardwork here and there, and so much more. I do this because it is a way I can show my family I love them and care about them. If I eat at your house or come over, I don't mind getting my hands dirty (doing anything!). I'll cook, help clean up, fold your clothes, watch your kids. I don't mind and I will do it  because I want to help you and show you love.

Today, I am answering the question: What do you think people misunderstand about you the most?

That I am judgmental. 

I am very, very strongly, out of this world, opinionated and extremely passionate about various things. That does not mean, for one minute, I judge you if you and I disagree or if you do the things I personally think are wrong or feel personal conviction on.

Some things I am passionate and opinionated about: 

1) The Lord and having a relationship with Him 
2) Homebirths
3) Breastfeeding
4) Co-Sleeping
5) The Bible and the things the Lord says are right and wrong
6) Exercising
7) Eating Clean
8) Chiropractic care
9) Holistic remedies 
10) Homeschooling
11) Marriage and the covenant made-- staying pure to your spouse-- and staying together until death
12) Children and being a mom
13) Keeping a clean house
14) Being happy and looking at life in a positive way
15) Being a doula
16) Being a wife
17) The dangers of vaccines and antibiotics
18) Killing innocent babies
19) Being different and set apart in this world (as a Christian). I want everything I say and do to point to the Lord and make people notice I am different. I do not want to participate in activities of this world or that do not bring honor and glory to the Lord (you can probably figure out what I am saying here without me saying it).
20) I think all drug use is wrong.

These are in no particular order of importance.

See.... I could go on and on and on... I am very passionate, about so many diverse topics and definitely opinionated. I believe what I believe and I believe so for very good reasons. I research many many interesting things and develop my beliefs based on what I know, not what someone has told me to believe. If you want you argue these opinions with me, fine, but you will NEVER change my mind on any of them. 

If you think I am nuts for things I listed above or you disagree with all of them, or maybe you do or have done something I listed....I do NOT judge you. I can promise you that will all of my heart. I have done many things I listed before and even had completely different opinion about many of the things.



1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? 
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment