Friday, October 19, 2012

Contentment

Today is a lazy sort of day.

We are getting ready to head over to the house. Brent and my FIL are already over there working.

We have gotten in the habit of going over to a local walking track (about 1/4 mile from my in-laws neighborhood) each evening after dinner and walking. We generally get over there around 6:45pm and walk for an hour. There are 5 playgrounds there and we reward the kids for being good during the walk with playing for about 15-20min. We walk for about an hour and are home right at 8pm. We hop in the shower, read a book, and hit the sack. It has been a fun ritual and it even gives my in-laws a chance to unwind and share some time together.

Last night, we did not get over there until 8pm. Usually, when the boys play at the playgrounds, they are alone. Last night though, there was a ballgame going on and at one playground there was quite a few kids. We had barely started in our walk, but we stopped and let the boys play about 30 min. They had a great time! We only walked about 30 min when we headed home. We were in the neighborhood when I said, "I could really go for some yogurt!" Brent told me to google TCBY and call and get their hours. It was 9pm. I figured they had closed, but nope, they were opened till 10pm. We turned around and headed across town. The whole way there the boys were cheering and chanting, "I Scream! You Scream! We All Scream For Ice-Cream!!!" Ice-cream or frozen yogurt runs in our family are rare. We are health conscious and it truly is a treat. So, you can imagine our sons' surprise when it is already past bedtime and we declare we are headed for ice-cream. It was a fun treat and a night I will always remember. The night we were the cool parents ;-)

The boys are both getting so big and I am in awe of the new things they do.

Dane is in Bible Study along with me on Wednesday mornings and he is quoting scripture, singing Bible songs, and telling us Bible stories. I am so proud to see him learning and excited to learn. Each Sunday morning, he is so excited to go to church and learn about God and His Son, Jesus. He is turning into a big helper too-- taking his plate to the sink after dinner, teaching and assisting Webb with things, washing himself and brushing his teeth each evening, dressing himself everyday (and choosing outfits I would NEVER choose!! LOL) and always remembering to ask permission for things. I see him growing and changing... maturing and retaining... and I am so proud. I feel overwhelmed with love when I look at him. He is such a precious little boy. It is bittersweet to watch him grow up, but I am so loving this age! He is big, yet little. He still wants to be held and cuddled, but he is so independent and a leader. I am so thankful for my sweet, independent Dane!

Webb is our little booger! He will do anything to make you laugh and boy does he keep us laughing. His newest talent? Farting on demand. It really is hysterical. He will turn beet red, pushing with all his might, when out comes a very manly sound. He and Dane will erupt in laughter and he tries some more. They are sooooo cute together. One of the sweetest things for me is his love and adoration for Dane. He LOVES that big brother. Anything Dane wants, Webb will do or give up. Last night at ice cream, for instance. Dane had finished his and wanted more. He was sort of being naughty with his whining and all when Webb said, "Here you go, Dane" and handed him his bowl so Dane could get his own bite. Dane said, "Thank you, Webb" and handed it back after he got his bite. When Webb got his bowl back he said, "Thank you, Dane". I could have cried right there. I was so proud. He will try anything Dane tries and is just downright sweet. I still stand amazed at the way it is possible to love him just as much as I love Dane. Not more... not less... the same. He is special and he adds such a sweetness to our family. It is also bittersweet watching Webb grow up. He is my baby... but not really. He is 2 and so big! I love watching him grow and change though and each stage he enters becomes my new favorite "Webb" stage! I am so thankful for my funny, loveable Webb!

Our house is coming right along. We bought our tile for our bathroom yesterday and got a fabulous deal on it! Since we did not need much, we were able to shop in the closeout section . We got tile for our bathroom for $0.50 sq ft (some we liked was $4.00 sq ft) and the boys for $1.69 sq ft and both tiles we really like. Our bathroom tile, we only paid for what we needed, but they made us take everything they had. So, technically, we paid like $0.30 sq ft. You just can't beat that. Brent bought everything he would need to lay the tile yesterday and the total was still $100 less than what we had allotted for that expense. We have gone back and forth about paying someone to lay all the floors. We got an AMAZING quote from a man, who knows Brent, for laying the hardwood (about $1.50 cheaper per sq ft to lay it) and are only looking at spending about $2,500.00 for him to lay all the floors of the house. Only is a figurative word because that is a lot of money, BUT... when you consider how much it should cost, that is an amazing deal! Brent was going to do it, but he is sooooo nervous about screwing up $6,500 in floors. I think we have officially decided to pay someone that. It stinks because that is a huge chunk of change we could put towards our (ok... ok... MY) counter tops, but I understand what Brent is saying. Hopefully the floors will be laid or getting laid this time next week (they were supposed to be laid a couple weeks ago, but our sheet rock men got about 2 weeks BEHIND schedule, which put us about 2 weeks behind schedule). After the floors go in, we are looking at possibly another 2-4 weeks of work before we move in! I am so excited.

We also had the fireplace worked on. I really hated that huge hearth that stuck out in a large portion of the living room. I kindly asked my hubby to fix that ;-) He ripped it up and we paid a sweet old man to come fix it. It now sits level with the floor and is the normal size of a fireplace hearth. The only complaint we had about it, was the cement is MUCH darker than the original. He said they no longer make cement in that color. Well, we asked yesterday at the Tile Outlet if there was anything we can do and guess what?? There is! We took home a sample yesterday and love the outcome. You paint the rock and cement with this and it darkens the cement up and brightens up the rock to look new. It still won't be the exact color, but way closer to the same color. So, now we must add that to our list of things to do :-) We also bought our cabinet refinishing kit. We will save about $3000 +/- doing this ourselves. One day in the future we may get new cabinets, but there is nothing wrong with the current ones except they are ugly and outdated. With new counters (EEEK!! I am so excited to have my dream counters and sink!!!) and new appliance and a refurnishing of the cabinets (they will be my dream color)--- I think I will be LOVING my kitchen!!! Seriously, I am sooooooo excited about my kitchen. I cannot wait to move in a cook in my double oven and wash dishes in my big sink!!

The sheet rock men are finally finished which means the painting can be completed! Both bathrooms are being painted today along with some touch up. Tonight, Brent and my plumber BIL will plumb the drains for both bathtubs.


Tomorrow, we head up to Ellijay for the Apple Festival and then we go to a corn maze that evening. It will be a busy and fun day!

Sunday, we try out Sunday School at the new church and then that evening, I am going to a Cooking and Crafting night for ladies. I am making my chocolate chip cookie dough truffles and I am excited to craft and get some new recipes, along with meeting some new ladies!

Well, I think it is time for me to get a move on it. I want to go check out what I am getting Brent for his birthday. I would say, but he has been known to read my blog a time or 2 ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Quick-- a funny story. I was nursing Webb at the new house yesterday and he was asleep on the boob. I commented to Brent about how precious he looked. Brent chuckled and said, "Yeah. Real cute. Looks like an overgrown midget at the titty club." Bhahahaha. I laughed until I almost woke up Webb.

I personally think he looks precious and I am still cherishing this time with him.




No comments:

Post a Comment