Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 2


 9 Things I Love: (without stating any obvious answers)

1) I LOVE to be sore! Seriously. I workout hard, generally 5-6 days a week. There is nothing I love more than to be so sore it's hard to get up out of bed let alone to walk. Sure, I complain and moan and groan. But truth be told, I love love love to be sore from my head down to my toes. It shows me I worked hard and I am proud of that.

2) I love the feel of the sun on my back. When the weather is just perfect where it is not too hot or too cold and the sun feels glorious! It hits my back and warms me to the core and is so very relaxing. Ahhhhhh :D

3) I love desserts!!!!! Yes, I eat my chocolate everyday but I don't just love chocolate. I LOVE every kind of dessert. Yummy!

4) I love laughter. I love to have people make me laugh. Belly laughter just feels so good! I love to make people laugh. I also love the laughter that comes from my boys. It always brings a smile to my face.

5) I love music. Music speaks directly to my soul and pretty much any song, I can find a way to relate it to my life. It's amazing to me how the Lord uses music to touch me. I'm not picky when it comes to music but I prefer to listen to christian music. It uplifts my spirit, keeps my thoughts and mind where they need to be, and helps me stay focused on what is important. I love to hear the choir at our church sing. They bring tears to my eyes each Sunday with the message their song has.


6) I LOVE looking through old photos and home videos and reminiscing. Sure, it makes me cry and sometimes long for days that have gone by, but I truly love to go back and remember those times.

7) I LOVE (I cannot stress the LOVE right here enough) cruises!!!!! Ahhhhh. There is something incredibly relaxing about being out a sea for a week and having your every need catered to. Electronics are left in the bag, cares are left on the shore, and worries are no more (except what will I wear to dinner, and what should I eat for lunch, and how long should I lay out in the sun today?) Not to mention, you can eat enough for a horse and still have more food to choose from (and really yummy desserts!!). Yes, I do love cruises and would easily leave my family and friends behind and take Brent and the boys to live on one forever and ever :D

8) I love flavored creamers. Yes, that also means I love coffee. But more than the coffee, I love creamers. I usually have 2-3 flavors in my fridge at one time and love to change it day to day or even mix 2 together. I'm all about experimenting with new flavors and flavors of the "season". Like peppermint mocha at Christmas time.

9) I love giving birth. I do not like being pregnant. Ugh. But I love to give birth naturally and at home. There is something so empowering with the experience when your realize that you birthed a baby the way God intended you to-- with no pain meds, in your home-- your safe place, and provided the safest way for your innocent, sweet child to enter the world. The immediate bond that you are able to create and share is indescribable. Your husband catches the baby and places him on your chest. Your baby is "allowed" to breastfeed immediately and YOU and you alone hold your precious newborn baby on your breast, mesmerized by what you and your husband created. You can hold your baby until the cord stops pumping and you are ready to pass him or her to your husband. You can have your loved ones surrounding you and be in a loving, safe, and serene environment. You feel peaceful and "at home". The midwife checks vitals, does foot print, and cleans baby up when you, the mother, are ready for that. After giving birth at home, as a woman, you realize there is nothing you cannot do, nothing you cannot overcome, and nothing you cannot handle. You are strong. You are able. It is the most wonderful experience I have ever got to have. I long to birth at least one more baby, but I'd love to birth 2 more.

The 9 things I love :D I could have gone on and on. Tomorrow I will have my 8 fears. Hmmmm.... I need to start thinking tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment