Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Fun

Well, my break from school is officially over. The Fall semester starts today. I'm not too upset though. 16 weeks should be a breeze after my 5 week quarter and I will graduate in December! Whoo hoo. We have sure enjoyed ourselves for the break though. I was able to have playdates, pool time, Cartersville time, reading time, resting time, and more.

Dane and I went on a date a few weeks back and painted pottery. It was so nice to spend time one on one with Dane. It used to just be me and him. He was my whole world (and still is, he just shares the spotlight now) and I know he feels the effects of having to share me. I am trying to make more time for just Dane, with no Webb. It's so hard. I feel pulled from him, Webb, and my hubby. I picked up the pottery on Friday- I've been so busy that it has sat there for 2 weeks waiting to be picked up. I was so pleased with the outcome. He was a little young for the painting part. He would glob it on and I was trying my hardest to spread it out and remind him to go slow. He mixed all the colors and wanted to paint each side every single color as well. He had a great time though and so did I. This bowl will be something I cherish forever. I hope to make lots more with him and Webb. I'm thinking Christmas presents.... :D Now to find the time and the way to get it done. Hmmmmm.


My last post was on how strong-willed Dane is. He has been improving soooo much. I am so proud of him. He has such a desire to please and I really feel like he is going to be such a good kid. Now as for Webb, he is extremely strong-willed, demanding, and hot-tempered (hence the passing out daily because we say, "no" or I change his diaper). I have a very strong suspicion that he is going to be our true strong-willed child. He is going to push us and every single boundary we put up. He is such a little booger. It's a good thing he is so dang cute! This past week, my mom was painting her dining room. The ladder was still up and Webb climbed up, all.by.himself!!!! He is not 1 yet, folks. Then he got ticked when we took him down. Here is the little dare devil.


Thursday night the guys from our church got together to do their football draft. While they did that, us girls (and all our kids) met at another house. That might not sound like much but there was 9 girls and a grand total of 18 kids. LOL. (I feel like Michelle Duggar on 19 Kids and Counting when I typed that). It was so much fun! The Lord has blessed us with an awesome church and church family. Us girls get along so well and so do all our husbands. Our kids are all right around the same age and they love playing together. It was a wild but FUN night.  Before long there will be 20 kids in that bunch as 2 of the girls are expecting again! Yippee! The kids wore their PJs and we caught a picture of all (minus 2, almost 2 year olds- they were caught playing knee deep in one of the pottys and were in the bathtub). You can tell they are a fun group. The youth group will be crazy when they all reach that age :D


Friday night was rough for Webb. He tossed and turned/wanted to nurse all night. Even though he sleeps with us, there is something about having someone attached to you all night long that makes deep sleep impossible. I knew before we went to bed it would be a long night. We always record Big Brother and watch it whenever we get the chance as we are going to bed. He was asleep but moved all over the bed the whole time. He even hit his head on the head board twice. He eventually flopped over on his back, onto my stomach, and slept peacefully for the remainder of our show. I wonder what he was dreaming right here...


On Saturday morning, I got up and met some friends (the ones I am running the  1/2 with) at the Battlefield to run. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning. I was in love with the weather, the scenery, and the company! We completed 6 miles and have 7 this upcoming Saturday to run. I am hopeful that Webb will sleep this Friday night and hopefully I won't be so groggy for my 7 miles! It amazing how enjoyable it is to run with someone other than yourself :D Here is the tower we met at that morning. So cool.



After our 6 mile run, I came back home to relieve Brent. He then headed to they gym while I got ready to go to a "back" to school fair at a local chiropractor's office in Ringgold. Dane went ahead with my parents while I fed Webb, and showered. By the time I got there, he had already ingested 2 snow cones, 1 cotton candy, and a bag of popcorn! Geez!!!! That's more color than he gets in a month!!! He jumped in some blow up jumpy things, got his face painted, and had a great time. We managed to get a family photo (minus Brent) before we left.




After the fair, we loaded up and headed to C'ville for a birthday party that night and another party after church on Sunday. It's safe to say Dane had lots more junk before the weekend was over. Not to mention, mommy and daddy did too! We've been going back and forth to Cartersville a lot lately. One reason is because we are living with my parents right now so it is a nice break for us all. Another reason is I want our kids to have close relationships with both sets of grandparents regardless of what town we live in. I don't want Brent's family to feel  the distance. I want for them to see the boys enough that they haven't changed a ton by the time they do. While on my break, we have enjoyed the pool in C'ville too! That is the one thing I knew I would want to do while I had 2 weeks off. Dane met a little girl there, Molly. She was there almost every time we went and they had so much fun together. He is such a people person and NEVER meets a stranger. I love that about him :D Molly and Dane would run back and forth from the kiddy pool to the big one. They love that!


Webb has become Mr. Independent in the pool. He literally climbs out of his float and refuses to be held. It is a complete and utter battle to hold him in the pool. That is one of the reason's we love going to C'ville to swim. At the neighborhood pool, there is a spot of concrete with 8 spouts of water that come out. Webb is perfectly content to sit there, independently, and play. I just pull a lawn chair over and enjoy not fighting and relaxing a bit in the spraying water.


The boys also love taking baths at Nana's house- really anywhere they are! Here they are in Nana's "big huge tub" playing together. I love to just sit and watch them. They are my sweet, sweet babies!


When we got home from Cartersville Sunday night, Webb's present I ordered was waiting on me. YAY! I am so pleased. It was a quite a pricey little dude too! The shipping was $10 for it but it did arrive the 2 days later. Oh well, it will match perfectly with their bedroom theme and since we will hopefully be moving in a month, I am glad to have it.

Yes, I know it is more for me :D but, the kid does NOT need toys and family will get him clothes I am sure. We always ask for the 1st and 2nd birthday to please not bring presents to the party. Grandparents can't resist the urge to buy him something (they are just not given to him at his party) though and neither can good 'ole mom! One reason we ask for no presents is because I don't ever want someone's finances to hinder them from celebrating the life of my child. I know that with multiple kids and lots of invitations to parties, it can get really expensive. At age 1 and 2, they are too young to know they are supposed to get presents and I want a big crowd at parties. Plus, I honestly cannot think of one thing Webb (or Dane) needs... other than this plaque! LOL.

For lunch I had some greek yogurt with honey and flax seed.


Yummy and filling if you're wondering! It's starting to wear off and I need a snack. Off to find something to munch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment