Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 6


Last night, we loaded up the boys and headed to the Battlefield. I love nights like that with my little family. We had lots of fun together. Here are a few pictures from our outing.

Me and my sweetie. I believe with all my heart that God created us for each other.

Daddy and Dane acting like soldiers. Dane is fascinated with the Battlefield and what took place there. He found this stick to "shoot" or "stab" the oncoming army.


My precious Webb. I cannot believe he turns 1 on Thursday.



Day 6- Five Foods (Without naming any desserts because I think I've made that clear.)

This one was hard because I love any and all foods. Having to decide what some of my favorites are was not easy.


1) I love my breakfast. Yes, I eat the same thing every morning. If for some reason I only have a protein shake, then I eat this for lunch.

   *1-2 eggs, with chopped onions and green bell peppers in them. I put them on a      whole wheat wrap, with some blueberry, simply fruit, jelly. DIVINE!!!!!!

2) Salad. I love trying different kinds of salads too. My favorite thing to put on a salad is fruit and pecans or almonds. I also love to put boiled eggs and feta cheese on it. My favorite dressings, Raspberry Vinaigrette or Annie's Shiitake Sesame Dressing.

3) I love my homemade tacos. I take a pound of lean ground turkey and add refried beans to it. I make my own taco seasoning because I cannot justify giving my family all  that really bad stuff- like MSGs and tons of sodium! It tastes just like the taco seasoning you buy, only BETTER! I add that to the turkey mixture. Then, I cook black beans and mexican corn. We love lettuce wraps for our tacos! Sometimes though, we do taco salad, tacos in a whole wheat wrap, or taco salad. We add tomatoes, sour cream (or plain greek yogurt),  cheese, avocado, and spicy sauce- along with the black beans and mexican corn. Actually, it is what's for lunch today.

*How do I make my homemade taco seasoning?

1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/8 cup ground cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon sea salt
Put all ingredients into a jar and shake!

4) I love blueberries. Yummy! I love any kind of fruit, but especially blueberries.

5) I love okra. Cook it any way and I'll gobble it up, but I especially love it sauteed in a bit of olive oil. Ahhhahahahahaha! I can eat the entire skillet and generally, (DON'T TELL MY FAMILY!!!) I do eat around half of what I'm cooking while I'm cooking it. LOL.

Tomorrow is 4 books. Now time to get us all ready for Sunday School!

No comments:

Post a Comment