Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 4


Last night, the girls from our church went out to dinner for a Girl's Night. This time, we didn't have 18 kids :D I debated going because I always hate having to ask mom and dad to keep my kids. I feel guilty on both ends! Leaving my kids and having my parents keep them. I ended up going though and I'm so glad I did. We had such a great time of fellowship! I am so thankful my parents are willing to keep my kids from time to time and let me have a night of good, clean fun! As much as I hate leaving my babies behind, I come home after a night of laughter and fun, feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.


Day 4, Seven Wants:

If you remember from yesterday, I said one of my biggest fears was driving my car off an embankment and being trapped under water in my car, with my sweet babies stuck in their car seats. It is seriously something I am so terrified of. I have been wanting one of those keychain things that shatters your passenger window and allows you to bust out. I can't tell you how many times I've said that. Well, yesterday my hubby comes in the door and is singing "Happy Birthday to you....". I started laughing because my birthday isn't until Saturday and I already got my present (the half marathon I'm running in). I didn't really think anything about it and then he tells me he has me a present and sets this box on the table.


Eeeeeeek! I was soooooooo excited!!! It's a Houdini  that I've been wanting. He couldn't have surprised me with anything better if he had tried to. It meant so much to me. You're the BEST sweetie (since I know he reads this religiously!! LOL). He said, "I would have waited until Saturday to give it to you, but with my luck, you'd drive into a lake tomorrow." LOL. Ok folks. Get ready to want one of these yourself. When you take it out of the box, it looks like this.



You connect it to your keychain. You pull at the bottom of it while it is attached to your keys and it comes apart, like this.



The black circle thing on top is what you take and press against the window and it will shatter it (see the box it came in... that is what it does to your window.)



The metal thing, that is there when you take it apart (don't you love my technical terms!!), is a seatbelt cutter so no one is trapped in a seatbelt that you can't get undone. There is also a whistle so if you get out of the car, you can blow in it and be heard. It is soooo loud too.


Also, there is a LED light on it as well. Isn't my hubby good!!! I am still so excited about it :D That would have been #1 on my "wants" today, but not anymore!!!

1) I want a moderate sized white house, with black shutters, and a red front door (that is has a big window on it). Moderate for me would be: 4 bedrooms, 2-3 bathrooms, a full basement, and lots of storage space. I would also want my house to have lots of windows for natural light, a big front porch with a porch swing, a screened in back porch, a big yard, a barn, chickens out back, possibly a dairy cow, a big tree house for my kids, a pretty front yard with flowers, and a busy and loud house with lots of kids (4 or so) running and laughing inside.------ Now is that really too much to ask for???!!!! LOL.

2) I want to be successful as a mom. To me, that means I want to be a Godly mom that trains my kids up in a way that pleases the Lord. I want to guide them to an understanding of who Jesus is, what He did for us, and what He wants from us. I want them to see me live out my Christianity on a day to day basis. I want them to see Jesus in me and in my actions. I want them to see me let "bad" things make me better and not bitter. I want them to see me be kind to others. I want them to see me read my Bible, be at church, and be active within our church. I want them to see me be generous and selfless. I want them to see their mommy and daddy hug and kiss and love one another. I want them to see patience and what it's like to practice it. I want them to see love, kindness, laughter, and happiness in me and my life. I want my kids to look back and remember me being a mom, first and foremost but also a friend (the friend part will obviously come later as right now, they need a mom, not a friend!). More than anything in the world, I want to be successful as a MOM!

3) Right now, I want a massage!

4) I want my student loan paid off.

5) I want a date night with my husband.

6) I want to become a doula.... so bad I can taste it!!!!!

7) I want to take my boys to the Battlefield and let them play in the grass, run along the paths, and enjoy the sunshine and each other. In fact, I think I just made our plans for the day! 

Stay tuned... tomorrow I will be listing my 6 places (even though I'm feeling like #7 could fall under that as well). Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment