Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 8



Day 8- Three Films

1) Fireproof. Without a doubt, this movie played a huge part in bringing me and Brent back together. For those that do not know the story, here is the short (minus all the juicy details) version. Brent and I met and knew each other a very short time before I became pregnant. By short time, I mean 1 month. Yes. That is embarrassing and humiliating to admit. We were both living a life full of sin and neither one of us was living for God. Obviously. We took the pregnancy to "get to know one another" and by the time Dane was born, we both hated each other (even though I just read this to Brent and he says he still hates me. We all know that is impossible!!! Sweet little ole me???!?!?!?!?! LOL. Truth be told, we fall more in love each day). We went our separate ways and the Lord began working and changing BOTH of us. In our minds, we were over. For good. When it came to us getting back together God worked on Brent before me. While he was chasing me (LOL. I give him a hard time), I was ready to be done with him forever. I was now living for the Lord and I never thought Brent could be my dream guy. God was working on Brent too and making him into just that.... my dream guy. My parents wanted me to give him another chance (WHAT??????). Mom recommended that we watch Fireproof. UGH! Neither one of us had ever seen it, and although I wanted to watch it, I did not want to watch it with Brent however, I agreed. It was like watching us on a movie screen (minus the married part). By the end of the movie, God had convicted me of working on our family. I knew what I needed to do. Love this movie!!!! But get your Kleenex ready if you've never seen it!

2) Dumb and Dumber. Don't judge. This movie makes me laugh till I almost pee on myself. No matter how many times I watch it.

3) The Shawshank Redemption. Great movie!!!! I absolutely love the thrill behind this.

Sorry for the late post. We went to my in-law's for my birthday celebration yesterday and spent the night. I was showered with love and Coca-Cola Cake!!!!! YUMMY!!!! I would have taken a picture of the slice(s) I had but that would be a tad embarrassing to post!

My mother-in-law forgot to buy candles so she printed off these lovely ones and cut them out. Blowing them out was quite difficult. LOL.

Today, we met my mother-in-law's BFF at a local park. She has 2 grandsons the same age as my boys. They are good buddies and they had a great time playing. Here are some of the pics of them having a good ole time.

Love my sweet, Dane!
Dane jumping, rolling, smashing, and slinging the dirt. Brooks watching and wondering, "What is your deal, kid?" 

Dane, Webb, and Will in the slide. 

Sweet Webb wanted nothing more than to climb up and down the slide.




After we left the park, we went to the grave site where my husband's grandmother is buried. It is my mother-in-law's mom. We took flowers to put by her grave and let the boys talk about maw-maw and how she was in Heaven with Jesus. I never had the pleasure of meeting maw-maw, but I really look forward to meeting her in Heaven. I have no doubt she was a very special lady and would love my boys to pieces!!! Knowing they have a part of her in them makes me smile.

Love you, maw-maw! See you one day.


We stayed for dinner before heading home. Both boys were dying to get in the small plastic pool on the deck. We decided to add their bubbles and let them bathe on the back porch. LOL. They loved it :D






It was a fun 2 days :D Tomorrow, will be a much earlier post and will be my 2 favorite songs! I already know what they are too!!! G'night.


No comments:

Post a Comment