Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 5--- Which also happens to be a pretty special day of the year :D

Yesterday, me and the boys went to the Battlefield to walk and picnic. It was a spur of the moment decision for me- when I was doing my blog yesterday morning. They were still sleeping, so I quickly packed lunches and got everyone's clothes ready. When they woke up, we left. It was so much fun!!! I love spending time with them. This is something we will definitely be doing more often. Dane was fascinated by the statues and the fact the men had guns and swords (2 of his favorite topics and toys!). He was interested in the cannons and cannon balls. He loved the "castle" and wanted to know why men were out there fighting and where they were now. All VERY good questions for his daddy. LOL. Brent and I were going to go back today and walk around with the boys, but I think we will save that for another afternoon.


While we were eating our picnic, Dane declares, "Mommy!!! I need to poop!!!" Oh no. We were at least 2 miles from the potties and when Dane says he has to go, he means right now. So, I quickly picked up all of our stuff, took the food out of our walmart bag, and found the baby wipes I had brought along to clean up the boys after lunch. Then, I strolled up a path that led to woods the whole time praying, "Lord, please let us be the only ones here." Once there, I excitedly told Dane, "You get to poop in the woods today!" I didn't know how he would react or how he would do. Thankfully, he pulled his pants down and squatted like a pro. I kept an eye on him and the road and stood where I was blocking him. I held my phone up like I stopped to respond to a text. When he finished, I grabbed the baby wipes, wiped him, and disposed of them in my walmart bag. Dressed him back up and set back on the trial. I was surprised how good he was at it. Then, I reinforced how that is only something we do with mommy or daddy and when they say it's ok. I can just see him now... dropping his drawers and pooping in the middle of someone's yard while playing with friends!

This morning, I got up and ran my 8 miles I was supposed to do today. It was sooooooo hard to get up this morning. The room was cold, but I was so warm in the covers. Webb was snuggled close making me even cozier. I was planning on getting up at 6:30am and leaving at 6:35. The night before, I had laid out my clothes, filled up my water bottle, and put my protein shake in the fridge. I knew I could be out the door in 5 min after getting up. But, Webb was nursing at 6:30, so I didn't get up until 6:50 and was out of the neighborhood by 7:00. I cannot emphasize enough how beautiful the Battlefield is. Especially in the morning. I was alone this morning because the girls I ran with last week couldn't run today and they went yesterday morning. I couldn't go then because I wouldn't have had anyone to keep the boys. I did good until about mile 6. Then I started thinking, "Oh goodness.... I don't know how much longer I can go."  My knee was hurting and my little toe was hurting, it kept rubbing the inside of my shoe a funny way. But I remember thinking that same thought somewhere toward the end of labor with both boys. I just felt like I had no more to give. That's how I knew I could keep going, it's all in the mind. I kept telling myself, "You can do this." By mile 7, I must have had some major endorphins pumping. All the sudden, I got this burst of energy. My mile per minute got faster by 15 sec (which is a lot when you've been running for an hour). My knee was no longer hurting, my toe was still hurting a little. I felt like I could run another 7 miles with no problem. I finished my 8 miles in 1 hour and 21 minutes. I have no clue if that is "good" or not, but I was proud of that for me. I kept an average pace of 10 minutes and 30 sec for the whole run until the last mile. Last Saturday I did 6 miles in 1 hour and 13 minutes so I did lots better from then. It's so funny what running does. When I finished, I felt great. I wasn't breathing hard but I was sweating profusely. I rung my shirt out before I got in my car. GAG! My run started my *birthday* off great (See.... I told you it was a special day of the year!). I feel so energized after doing that. Not to mention, I burned almost 1000 calories which means I can enjoy some guilt free birthday cake!!!


Today is day 5 of my "blog challenge". I am supposed to list 5 places. I don't really know what 5 places I'm supposed to list, so I'm listing 5 places I'd like to visit and I'm praying Brent reads this one :D

1) Hawaii (seriously, who doesn't want to visit Hawaii)

2) Australia

3) After seeing the pictures from the The Ball Brother's trip, I'd love to go to Northern Ireland.

4) After reading my friend Jessica's blog, I want to go to Big Canoe, GA.

5) I want to go out West. I'm thinking Oregon. I have a friend that is from there and her pictures are breathtaking!!!!Ahhhhhahahahahaha!

Tomorrow, I will be listing 5 foods... ummmm, that should be easy peasy! I'm all about food!

No comments:

Post a Comment