Thursday, September 13, 2012

20 Random Facts

I've been feeling the need to blog more often. I enjoy it and it really helps to clear my mind.

I love reading other people's blogs and getting to know them on a personal level... even if I don't even know them in real life.

I found this challenge on Pinterest to help you get to know your spouse better. It is a list of 30 questions, to ask everyday for a month, to get to know your husband or wife better. No offense to my hubby, but he would laugh in my face if I asked him to do this "challenge" with me and probably joke that he already knows more about me than he cares to know :D

However, these are questions I would LOVE to know about some people. I thought about making this a blog challenge instead. So, I am committing to blogging everyday and answering some very deep and profound questions. You may or may not care to know the answers to, but, I am very excited to search within myself to answer these. To be honest, half (or more) will require some very deep soul searching on my part.

Here is the list for each day---



1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

Ok, so here we go.

1) When I wake up in the morning, I am wide awake.
2) When I come home at night by myself or I am anywhere at night by myself, I literally freak myself out every single time and feel like someone is watching me and wants to take me by surprise or someone is going to grab me. I will run in the house and lock the door as fast as I can and make sure no one can see me from outside. That is really embarrassing to admit...
3) I love to lift weighs with my husband and have him make fun of how weak I am. I find that I push myself sooooo much harder.
4) I don't like to have enemies and will bend over backwards to make you like me.
5)  I love to be silly and play practical jokes (and wouldn't you know, I married someone who hates both).
6) I love to learn about the Bible and discover things I never knew before!
7) I am a very honest and open person. If you want to know something about me, ask. You can be certain I will answer it... no matter how personal it is.
8)  I never like new trends when they come out. I always tell myself  "I will NEVER buy this trend". Then, in a few months, I find the trend growing on me and I end up buying it.
9)  I like to sleep curled up the edge of the bed at night with one foot sticking out from the covers.
10) I like to ride around with the windows down and the music loud and just drive.
11) I am very competitive with myself.
12) Even though I know I am supposed to be my boys' mom, I always find I want to be their friends. This is something I have to cover in prayer. I don't want to be their friends-- they have lots of those. I want to be their mom--- they only have 1.
13) I hate to be wrong.
14) If you cry, I will cry.
15) I love to be healthy, but that doesn't mean I won't eat an occasional "bad" food. I never try to guilt myself about what I eat. I bust my butt when I work out and I am dedicated to health and if I want something "bad" I am going to eat it... AND I am going to enjoy every single bite. ("Bad" food really is the exception for us though and not the rule).
16) I am a crunchy, co-sleeping, toddler-nursing, hold-my-baby-when--he-cries, NEVER EVER let my baby "cry it out", anti-vaccines and antibiotics (unless ABSOLUTELY necessary- antibiotics), homebirthin' momma who believes breast milk, coconut oil, pee, and honey can cure just about any problem you've got. You can say I'm weird. I used to care. But not it makes me proud!!!
17) People who try to hurt my feelings always succeed. My husband says to not let those people hurt me because the fact that they want to hurt someone speaks volumes about them, but, try as I might... I am just too sensitive (and I'd also like to think I'm also too genuinely nice and don't like finding out some people in the word aren't.. but that may be taking it too far. LOL).
18) I start of liking you. You have to give me a reason not too. My husband starts off not liking you. You have to give him a reason to like you. I LOVE that in most scenarios, we balance each other out so nicely.
19) I like to sweep and vacuum. I think it boils down to enjoying progress. When you have dirty floors and you sweep and vacuum and have clean floors, there is something so gratifying about that.
20) Blood during birth does not phase me at all, HOWEVER, if my boys gets hurt, my husband, or even me for that matter, seeing that blood makes my stomach start curling and I start sweating. I literally start feeling sick because I am so nervous about what I am going to find when the blood gets wiped away. Just thinking about that makes me feel those same things!

Hope you all have a great Thursday! We have lots planned and I need to get my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment