Thursday, September 20, 2012

Passionate

I started a challenge.... you might remember from 8 days ago. Today I am listing 5 passions.

I am not going to list the obvious (at least in my mind they are "obvious") passions of mine which would be my Lord and Savior and my family! Those are my top 2. The 5 I will list will follow after the "obvious".

1) Homebirth. Interested in having one? Talk to me. I will never grow tired of the subject and I will answer any and all questions you have and even sit you down and let you watch both homebirth videos and look through my Rated X homebirth photos (in fact, if you search for "Webb's Birth" in the search bar on my blog, you can see Rated X homebirth pics! I am that passionate!). I LOVED my homebirth experiences and I also love being present at homebirths. It's just a different environment. 

2) Fitness and nutrition. Duh. You all have probably figured that out by now with my bootcamp I taught and the food we eat. I love working out (quick confession-- it's been ONE entire MONTH since I have worked out! UGH! But, to be honest, I am ok with this break for my body. I will start killing it again soon.). I care about what I feed myself and my family. I want the utter most BEST for us. I want to raise strong and healthy children and for them to grow up with the knowledge of what healthy is, and no, it is not Wheat Thins dipped in Fat Free cream cheese and a diet coke to drink. Want to chat about what is healthy and what is not? Talk to me! I am passionate about it. Want to talk about lifting weights or a new exercise you learned? Please!!! Talk to me!!!

3) Natural/Homemade remedies. I love to research and learn about alternative forms of healing or home remedies. The top things I use to heal everything?!?! Pee (ear infections--- PLEASE talk to me if your child has chronic ear infections), Coconut Oil, Raw, unfiltered honey, and breast milk (it will cure pink eye and helps fight all sort of allergies and illnesses in children). And don't even get me started on chiropractic care. We should all be taking our children to the chiropractor for regular visits instead of a pediatrician office.

4) Shopping. I am serious here. I LOVE to shop. Especially if I am searching for that certain something. I am sooooo excited because we are doing a lot of shopping these days for the renovation process. That excites me. We are also changing 3 room themes so I am always on the hunt for the perfect pillow, decorative item, rug, etc. It is so much fun in my opinion. I rarely tire of shopping!

5) Cooking. I really enjoy cooking. I love to search for recipes when I am bored and print them all off (my husband HATES it when I print them off). My favorite websites to get recipes? Allrecipes.com and Pinterest. I am an ok cook. When we moved in with my in-laws for the renovation process, I told them I would start grocery shopping (another passion) and cooking. My MIL is a branch manager for a bank in town and works long hours and my FIL is still home on disability from the train accident last year. He stays busy, but I know he doesn't like cooking that much. They were eating out a lot. I love to cook and I need to pull my weight here somehow. They haven't complained yet ;-) I am always so nervous cooking for others. I am afraid they might not light what I cook, the ingredients I use, etc. It really pleases me to cook a meal with a lot of sides and to put it on a plate and it look "pretty" and also be colorful. I am OCD.

Well, there you go. While I was making this list I asked my husband to help me think of my passions (it wasn't as easy as I expected) and he said, "Griping and Facebooking". Lot of help he is. Like I would EVER admit to that!

We went to a MOPS group today. I have never been a part of a MOPS before. It was so great. Other moms with children the same age going through similar things. Just getting out of the house and meeting some new ladies in this town is so great for me. One quick God-thing. I went to story time at the library with Brent's cousin last week (I really like her and I am excited to get to know her better) and I saw some ladies there. In my CBS (Community Bible Study) group (you get randomly placed in a group of about 15 women) a lady from the library was there. It was nice to see a familiar face. Then, today at MOPS, I see her again! I felt like I was seeing an old friend. LOL. We sat together and chatted and found out our husband's grew up together and graduated from the same school the same year. Her FIL and my FIL both worked at GA Power for many, many years together, and when I get home, my FIL says her MIL (confusing, I know) used to keep his son, Taylor. So crazy to me! She has 2 daughters around the same age as Dane and Webb. They invited us to go to her church in town and I just really liked her. I think that is a God-thing! It excites me to know I am fitting in and making friends so quickly. When I envisioned moving here, I saw myself lonely and with no friends and nothing to do. I am so glad God had better plans!

Me and the boys are headed to Ringgold later today to spend the night. I have to take my husband's BFF back home to Chickamauga and I am spending the night with my parents. Tomorrow evening I am helping my BFF paint some furniture again. YAY!!

My husband will stay here and work. Poor thing. He and Josh got in this MORNING at 6:30am. They worked all night. Granted, yesterday they were moving a wall I decided I wanted gone (they made sure it wasn't load bearing first) and half of the living room ceiling (sheet rock) fell in (I will post the pic on FB because I don't feel like uploading it here). WHOOPS! The ceiling was weak and old and not nailed up properly. So, the boys went ahead and took down the remainder of the living room ceiling and replaced it all last night and put up sheet rock in the living room from where they took down paneling. They are beat. We are thankful Josh came to help. They have worked their butts off! He will come back in a few weeks and lay down hardwood (we were going to pay someone to do it, but we are looking at saving a lot of money to have the boys do it and they both know how).

There is your update! Tomorrow we will learn 10 people who have influenced my life and how.


Have a wonderful Thursday.  

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment