Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm Strong

Good Morning!

I am blogging early this morning! My sister spent the night and I have Bible study this morning and an afternoon of fun with her. I knew I would not get it done if I did not do it this morning. Yesterday you learned 5 weaknesses, today, you will learn 5 strengths.

1)  Long distance running. I am no good at short distance, but I can go months without running and then hit the road again and be able to run a decent long distance. The furthest I have ever run is 13.1 miles and I ran that without stopping one time (although I wanted to). I enjoy running, but I enjoy lifting weights way more. My body stays in way better shape when I am pumping some iron.
2) Forgiving and forgetting. I blame this on my forgetfulness more than anything else. I will be talking about someone and how much I like them or even just mentioning their name and, someone will be like, "But don't you remember when they did ___________"? Nope. Sure don't. Even if I remember they did me wrong, I never remember any of the details which makes getting over that so much easier.
3) Buying gifts. It is my love language so I love to pick out just the right gift. I love shopping for birthdays, baby showers, Christmas, etc. If you mention something to me you like, know that I always make a mental note of it in case there comes a time to buy a gift for you. With my boys and husband it is the worst. They tell me they like something or want something, I CANNOT get it out of my head. I have to get it for them.
4) Speaking in front of group. I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I also don't mind it. And for the most part, I do enjoy it. I have a loud mouth and I am very outgoing. Put those 2 things together and you've got a great loudmouth, outgoing person who doesn't mind standing in front of a group speaking.
5) Being a friend. I like to think this is a strength and since I work really hard at this, I am going to go ahead and call it a strength. I know I am not near as good of a friend as some people are. Some people just have it down way better. BUT.... I try my hardest to be a good friend. I will say here that many, many times being a wife and mom get in the way. My family always comes first so there are occasions I am not a good friend for that reason. I would venture to say other mom's and wives (but especially mom's because that is a 24/7 job) completely understand that statement and probably agree. For the most part, I will answer (or call you back) when you call, text back, meet up with you, attend your parties, help you plan parties, bend over backwards to help you do something (even if it is soooo far from convenient to me), help you achieve a goal, check on you if I know you are going through a difficult time, cook you a meal if I think it will help, sit and just listen to you without you ever needing to ask me, help you move, make sure you are settled when you move, pray for you and with you, spend time with you, be on your side, love you, grieve with you, be excited with you, be mad with you, and more. I am finding out more and more how not many adults DO NOT know how to be a good friend. Through the years I have met so many women who just take, take, take from a friendship (and I know with certain ladies I have been guilty of this same exact thing) and never, ever give anything in return. That friendship can be so exhausting. I have always tried to continue on being a friend. It is definitely not easy, but I love having friends and I know how special friends are to me. All of that to say, I hope you, my friends, feel how deeply I care for you and know that I always try my absolute hardest to be a good, true, and honest friend.



There you go!

I realize now I sort of went on and on and on with the last one. Sorry about that!

Last night I hosted a Norwex party. A special thanks to those who came! We had a great time and I am seriously in love with these products!!!!!! It was a fun and late night. Today, I am really looking forward to Bible study. It is becoming the highlight of my week I do believe.

Also, a very, very BIG thank you to those of you who have shown concern and love for my prayer request with Dane. So many people had him on their prayer lists and added them to their churches prayer chain. I deeply appreciate it. I am getting tears in my eyes just thinking about all those that have responded on FB, text, called, etc. to check in on the little guy with an issue you know nothing about. I have taken the issue to God and I am treating this at home and with chiropractic. I do believe I will share with you what is going on once it is all better. I know how some of you are and I know I will never hear the end of what I need to do and since I am trusting my instincts here, I think it is best to not say until it is all over. I trust God completely that we are almost to that point. But, please, continue to pray for him and for me and Brent that we will make the right decisions concerning him and health. We love him with all our hearts and only make decisions that we feel are best and have his complete safety and health at top priority.

I hope you all have a blessed day.



1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment