Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 5 and Day 6

 So, I missed yesterday. We were super busy. 

The 5 things that make me the most happy right now?
 
1) My children. Hearing them laugh. Watching them play together. Seeing them adjust and adapt so well. Watching them both do new things everyday. Things I thought would make me "sad" (because they are growing so fast), but instead fill me up with so much joy! They are my world. I love them both sooooo much.
2) Reading the Bible and having the Lord reveal things to me. It is like He is sitting next to me and talking to me at times. I read things and see them in an entirely new light. I can take what I read and and directly apply them to my life. It is really exciting.
3) Being with my close friends. The move, although I feel extreme peace and even happiness with it, has been an adjustment for us all. I left my home. The place where I grew up and know everyone practically. I am adjusting to a new normal and although I am seeing more and more how this is God's will, sometimes, it is just nice to be in the company of your friends. The friends you have had and known for a while. Even talking on the phone, texting, or messaging on FB helps.
4) Sunsets (I would say sunrises, but our schedule is so laid back, I have not seen one of those in a while. LOL). I love the beauty of a sunset. Lately, the sky seems so unbelievably clear and bright. The sunsets here fall directly behind my in-law's house. The sky will be bright pink, tinges of purple, and all shades of blue. It literally makes my breath catch in my throat and will bring tears to my eyes. The only way I know how to explain the tears  is, life can be crazy, busy, stressful, full of ups and downs. When I look at the sky, up towards the Heavens towards the place of the One who made the sky, and see the majesty, perfectness, power HE has to create something so beautiful for me to enjoy. It reminds me of what is really important and that my life is in His hands. He has it all under control. It's crazy that a sunset can bring me to that, but it can and it does.
5) Last, but definitely not least! My husband. He is my constant. He keeps me focused on what and who is important. He listened to God and he is the main reason we are here, in God's will. Had he not had the guts to tell me he thought God wanted this, we would NEVER be here. He has so many EMS services interested in him and WANTING his application. I am so proud. That makes me happy. To know he is doing what God created him to do. He is renovating this house and making it MY dream house. He is looking for a job that he was created to do. He is praying and trusting God to send us to the right church. He is the man of my dreams and I am so HAPPY that God led us together and worked out all our intimate details according to His plan and in His time.

Today, is my day 6 of the challenge. And I have to list what the hardest thing I have ever experienced is. It ties in my #5 on the list before.

The hardest, most difficult thing I have ever had to face, was when I was outside God's will for my life. I learned I was pregnant when I was unmarried and in college. I was unhappy in a relationship and scared beyond belief. I care a lot about what people think. Having to admit I was pregnant (and not married) was so hard. I worried about what people said about me, what people thought about me, that my reputation and my testimony was ruined. To put it mildly, Brent and I had a rough year. After Dane was born, we split ways. I moved home to my parents and he stayed behind. To think I was raising my son in a split family home was the HARDEST thing to ever rap my mind around. Just like being an unwed mother, it went against everything I believed. Everything I was taught. That time in my life was so difficult. I didn't know what the future held and the thought of step-parents for my son made me angry and sick. He deserved his mommy and daddy. He was innocent. Why was he going to have to pay the price for our wrongs? God ended up working a MIRACLE. Brent and I are both from Christian homes and we have parents and grandparents who prayed for us. I truly believe their prayers led us back together. It certainly had nothing to do with us. We had no desire or plans to ever be back together again. But, God's plan is so much better than anything we might think up. I don't think getting knocked up when I wasn't married was God's will. I do believe what the Bible says in Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." I love the Lord and want His will and I know Brent does too. God worked out our sin for our good. He is so good. Brent and I are now happily married with 2 boys who will never know what it feels like to not have mommy and daddy raising them together under the same roof. I am eternally grateful that God took the most difficult thing I ever faced and turned it into such an amazing story of redemption. 

Stay tuned, tomorrow... you will find out my dream job!

Have a beautiful and wet Tuesday.

Also, please remember Dane in your prayers. It is a silent prayer request that I may or may not go into more detail on.... Thanks!
 
 
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment