Monday, September 24, 2012

Pet Peeves and A Normal Day

I'm a day late again. I apologize. I was going to blog yesterday afternoon, but then I got busy with a lot of nothing :-)

I am listing 10 pet peeves I have (yesterday's question) and a typical day in my life now.

1) Dishonesty. I cannot stand to be lied to. I cannot stand to be lied to when I know the truth and even tell the person I do. When they keep up with their lie, it irritates me to the core. What is it about people, good godly people (or so the appear that way) that makes it ok in their head to lie? I don't know and I don't know that I ever will.
2) Disorganization. Oh. My. Goodness. It drives me CRAZY!!!!!! I like for everything to be in it's proper place (because in my mind, everything has it's proper place). I like clean. I like organized. I like perfection. 
3) Excuses. Any kind of excuse really. An excuse to not change something about yourself you don't like. An excuse to not understand something you think you know about, yet really don't and refuse to educate yourself to where you do. An excuse to not go somewhere because you really don't want to. An excuse for your lying. An excuse for anything in the world. You want something, go get it. You don't, stop acting like you do.
4) Copy cats. I don't like to be copied (my husband says to take it as a compliment) and I don't like to see people change to appear a way they really aren't. Be who you are and be proud of who you are. Don't talk bad about people who aren't like you. We are unique individuals. That is a good thing.
5) People who drive under the speed limit. If the speed limit is 25, well for goodness sakes, drive 25mph. But if the speed limit is 55, then for the love of everyone on the road, DRIVE 55, not 25!
6) People who let their children ride without carseats, or nurse their baby while riding in the car. PEOPLE!!!! I realize you may be a good driver or your loving spouse who drives while your nurse, but do you understand that NOT everyone is a good driver?!?!?! There are some CRAZY people out there. New drivers, careless drivers, drunk drivers, distracted drivers, and so much more. Do you understand that when you allow your child to ride unrestrained, first of all, you are breaking a law, and second of all, if something happens to your precious child, YOU are the reason why. You will have to live with that the rest of your life and God-forbid something horrible happen, YOU would be at fault and go to jail... deserving to of course. People that do that disgust me because I cannot imagine putting my child in such a huge danger. Act like adults people, it is our job to teach our children right from wrong. Wearing a seatbelt is right (A LAW) and not is wrong (You could die, get a ticket, etc.). BUCKLE your children up!!!!!!
7) People who don't believe in God or don't believe what the Bible says. Those who pray to the universe or really believe that the universe (or any other thing except for God Himself) supplies their needs or even their wants drive me insane!!!!! Look around you, the universe did NOT create it all, there is no way anything, except an Almighty, All Powerful, Omniscient, God created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. As for beliefs, even though you think gay marriage, abortion, drunkenness, drugs, and everything else under the sun is "ok", does not make a world of difference. It does not matter what you think or what you believe. The only thing that matters is what God says. What He says is right, is right. What He says is wrong, is wrong. It doesn't matter what you wish or what you want Him to approve of, if His Word says it is wrong or it is right, you better go with that. What drives me the most crazy about this is when people don't place God and what He says where it should be. It should be what motivates people. The guidelines people use to live and raise their family. Our nation, our generation needs a revival. I hear stories of people everyday that sadden me to the core. It breaks my heart to think about what people make ok in their heads. I am scared to raise my children in this society and I continually cover them in prayer.
8) Fake people. Those who act one way around a certain group of people and those who act another way in front of a different group of people.
9) Deliberately hurting others. It is a form of an attack. I don't like it. Not one bit. I see it on FB, I see it in person. I see it in children and I see it in adults. It is wrong. It is sad. And it is a pet peeve of mine.
10) ANIMALS (people) who hurt children. Sexual abuse, physical abuse, verbal abuse, mental abuse. I HATE it! It is so wrong and it makes me unbelievably angry. Poor, little, innocent babies being treated badly... thought and emotions come out in me that are BAD. I want to hurt people. I want to see people suffer. I want to make sure they hurt and suffer for a long time.... but, I have to pray. Pray for the Lord to intervene, pray for the Lord to heal, and pray for the Lord to see justice, not me.


A day in our life:

I get up before 8. Some days it is 6am, others it is 7:45am. I do my Bible study, drink my coffee, run sometimes (2-3 miles). Then we shower and get ready. We either hang out at home or run errands (shop, Bible study, MOPS, ride bikes outside, story time at the Library, play dates at the park, church, seeing family and friends, etc). Our days are so laid back and I love it. Around 5pm, I start prepping for dinner. We eat and then take a bath and then hit the sack. Brent and I may stay up and chat or watch tv, of Farm together (an app on our iPhones. LOL!). I am enjoying these slow paced days and I am enjoying my family. I LOVE living in Cartersville and I love the ways I have already grown and changed. 

We are headed out now to run some errands!

Have a wonderful Monday! 

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment