Friday, September 28, 2012

Accomplishments

Today I went to Ringgold to clean. I got to see my sister and have lunch with my dad. I also got to meet up with my sweet friend, Lisa :-)

On the way to Lisa's, I decided to stop by A1 Surplus. They sell doors, cabinets, vanities, tubs, etc. I wanted to stop in and look at showers and all. Brent was going to have to go to Lowe's and just get what they had so I was desperate to find what I want! Wellllllllll.... they had exactly what I wanted for half of what the showers cost at Lowe's. I went ahead and got the boys shower/tub there because it was so cheap! And brand new too. I was stoked. Brent came to get them today and he and my plumber BIL, Chris, will install them tomorrow. I love saving money. Especially $600!!! The work at the house is moving along nicely. Walls are down, paneling is down, new walls are up, rooms have been added, baseboards are gone, doors are gone, and more! Today, men were there finishing the sheet rock. They are also scraping the ceilings (they are textured- not popcorn, but like it) and we don't like that. They will be smooth when we finish. Next on the list will be painting and finding bathroom vanities and mirrors. Then we can lay the floors and buy kitchen appliances, baseboards, new doors, a front door, etc. Ahhhh. Lots to do!!! But, I cannot wait :-)

I will now tell you my 5 greatest accomplishments:

1) Graduating college. Even though I don't use my degree, I'm glad I continued and finished after having Dane. It wasn't easy and there were many days I did not want to finish.
2) My children. They are my pride and joy and I am proud of them and proud they are mine.
3) Having 2 successful homebirths. With the 1st one, I was young, unmarried, and unprepared (in the sense that I wasn't planning the pregnancy and had no idea what birth would be like) and I had sooooo many naysayers and doubters who said I couldn't make it through a natural childbirth. I like to prove people wrong (hehehe) and I am proud of the fact that I had not only 1 successful homebirth, but TWO (and hopefully at least one more).
4) Coming back to the Lord after backsliding. I consider this an accomplishment because I really feel like I let my backsliding days make me better and not bitter. I learned so much from that time of my life that I used to better myself. I am proud of that.
5) My farming days. I always said I wanted to have a farm-- chickens, goats, dairy cow, etc. Even though it was only for a season I am sooooo thankful that I got to live out my dream for awhile. They are memories I will always hold dear to my heart and I am thankful my children got to live that life for awhile also. I can truly say I am content with where we are and I am ok with the fact that I no longer live on a farm. I feel like God let me have that time for a reason and now He has moved us on.

Tomorrow, I am getting a pedicure with my MIL and SIL and then watching the GA/TN (divorce bowl) in the afternoon. Tomorrow evening we are celebrating my SIL's birthday. It will be a busy and fun day for sure.

Have a wonderful weekend!



1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment