Friday, September 21, 2012

Inspirational Folks

Happy Friday!!

Today, I am sharing 10 people who have influenced me and how.

1) My mom. She has always put her husband and us kids first. She stayed at home while we were growing up and I remember how great it was that she was home with us. If I got sick at school, she was right there to pick me up. When I wanted to be homeschooled in 7th grade, she pulled me out and homeschooled me. She sacrificed and went with out more often than not. Because she stayed home, she found "odd" jobs to help ends meet. She has worked so much and developed numerous talents through the years. Her work was never ending. Mom staying home helped me to understand what an honor and privilege it is. Sometimes, I feel like working moms look down on us stay-at-home moms. It is definitely a hard job with hardly any recognition and it should be looked at as the hardest and most rewarding job from everyone in our culture. Thanks, Mom, for always putting us first and working so hard for us. I understand your sacrifices so much better now that I am a wife and mo. You still do this and it is something that does not go unnoticed. 

2) My dad. What a man of God he is. The man has shown me what it means to be patient with prayer. He prayed for his dad's salvation for 17 years. He never gave up hope and never stopped praying. What an amazing thing to know he played a huge role in my pop getting saved. He also has worked extremely hard for our family through the years. He went through many lay-offs and never gave up hope or belief that God's will was best. By staying faithful to God and praying through the difficult times, he is now working his dream job and thriving at it. I love seeing him do what he loves. Thanks, Dad, for being such a man of God and showing me the power of prayer and living out what you believe. Because of you, I have a strong faith.

3)  My mother-in-law, Connie. Her story is amazing and has not been an easy one. When I think about everything she has faced, I sometimes think how unfair it is that she had to go through everything she has had to. But what a strong testimony she has.... She did not lose faith along her journey. If anything, her faith has been strengthened. I stand amazed when I see the joy she has found amongst trials. She stands up strong and has such an amazing faith. Thanks, Connie, for showing me that even when life doesn't go as planned  I can still trust the hand of God and remain joyful.

4) My Gran and Boppa. They have been married for 50 years. Did you read that correctly? FIFTY YEARS!!! That is practically unheard of these days. They, too, don't have a story filled with rainbows and smiles. It has been a trying 50 years, but they have walked the years together, hand-in-hand with their eyes on the Lord and there heart with the covenant they made one another. They have a love story that spans through the generations and is still going strong. I gain courage and hope when I look at them. Marriage can be hard. There can be days when we think, "Seriously? This is NOT what I signed up for!" Sometimes, marriage can even be miserable. BUT... when I look at them and I realize, they must have experienced those same emotions at some point and time, I get encouraged to just keep on. Keep on loving Brent. Keep on praying for our marriage. And keep on making the CHOICE to love Brent. Thanks, Gran and Boppa, for being such an example of love and faithfulness. Because of you 2, I know that a marriage can last forever and I am excited to one day celebrate my 50th anniversary with the love of my life, my best friend, by my side.

5) My husband. Brent went back to school around the age of 28. I honestly did NOT think he would stay enrolled, I especially did not expect him to be at the top of his class if he did stick around. BUT.... he proved me wrong by not only staying enrolled and graduating, but continually being at the top of his class. He passed his AEMT course with a high A and then passed his national registry exam the FIRST time. There is a few amount of people who pass it the first (even the second time) time around. He really and truly can pick where he wants to work. Between his go-getter personality, his letter of reference, and the people God has placed in our life who know people who work for EMS companies. Thanks, Brent, for following your dreams and reminding me how important it is to always give it your all.

6) My best friend, Amanda. She has one of the strongest testimony's I have ever heard. She is an amazing woman of God and a true picture of God's grace and redemption. I am privileged to have her, her words, her example, her prayers in my life. God truly gave her to me when I needed her the most. I am so thankful that distance has not changed our friendship and that  I can call her with any problem and she will take me straight to the Bible and what God says about it. I love her to pieces. Thanks, Amanda, for being such a Christ-like example and being there whenever I need you.

7) My best friend, Angie's mom, Jena. She probably has no idea I would be blogging about her. LOL. Through middle and high school I was at her house all the time. Her mom will always stand out in my mind as an inspiration. She had 8 children and she was so patient and loving. She worked hard and wasn't scared to get her hands dirty. I remember listening to her talk about being a good wife and I literally remember a certain conversation about how important it is to try to look nice for your husband after he has been gone working all day. She talked about the importance of not being in you jammies on the couch with no makeup and your hair looking like you just woke up. She talked about how even just fixing your hair and putting on something other than pajamas shows him you want to look nice. I have NEVER forgotten that and when Brent is on his way home, I always try to freshen up and put something on my lips. Thanks, Jena, for showing me what it is like to be a submissive and loving wife and a patient and tough mom.

8) Brent's grandfather, Pappy. I did not have the privilege of knowing him longer than 4 years, but oh how I wish I had. In the 4 years I knew him, I saw him as the most generous man. He was always making sure we had everything we needed and if he knew of something we wanted or needed and didn't have the money for, he would pull out his wallet and give us the money. Brent has so many stories of his generosity. It makes me want to help those in need that we know. Brent remembers being in a grocery store with Pappy and a man asking for some money to buy groceries. Pappy took that man in the store and bought him a buggy full of groceries. When they walked out he asked where his car was. The man said he had walked there. So Pappy, Brent, and the man loaded up in Pappy's car to take the man and his groceries home. They got to this old home where he had 4 hungry kids and an empty pantry and empty fridge. Wow. I get chills when I think of that. Thanks, Pappy, for being so generous and reminding me how much better it feels to give than to receive. 

9) A friend of mine, Sam Martin. She homeschools her 7 kids, farms and can do anything. I keep up with her on FB and her blog and I stand amazed at everything she can accomplish and do in a day. She is so patient and wise when it comes to raising and homeschooling her kids and I gain so much knowledge from her. Any time I have a question about homeschool, kids, (farming back in the day), or practically anything, I know I can shoot her a message and she will have the answers. Her answers always remind me to stick to my gut and what I already know. Thanks, Sam, for giving me confidence in my skills and knowledge as a mom and reminding me to trust my instincts.

10) Michelle Duggar. I know, I know. I don't really know her, but I watch her. I see her heart. I see her love. I hear her kindness. She is so genuine and really walks the way she talks. You know that because TV cameras are in her house often and that truly catches how a person is. She is so calm, gentle, loving, patient, and more. She possess all the Fruits of the Spirit and oh how I long to be like that. I feel like every time I sit down and watch their show, I learn how to be a better wife and mother. Thanks, Mrs. Duggar, for inspiring someone you don't even know and for living out your faith on TV and being such a light in our world. I cannot wait to meet you in person one day :D

 

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for

No comments:

Post a Comment