Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 4-- Dear 16 Year Old Self

Day 4 on my challenge is to list 10 things I would tell my 16 year old self.
 
I think back to when I was 16 and I have so many memories. I was dating a LOSER!!! I was "stressed" in school. I wanted to be myself and have no one control me or make rules for me. I remember thinking, "Can life get any harder? Does anyone know what I am going through? I can't wait to be an adult." And more. So, with that on my mind.... I will list my 10 things. I know I could list 10x10 for my 16 year old self.
 
1) Look in the mirror. Look long and hard at yourself. Look to the deepest parts of your being. You know you deserve the BEST. You are worth the BEST. Don't settle for anything less.
2) You are 16, you are a child. Quit "trying" to live like an adult and focus on school, friends, extracurricular activities, making some spending money, laying out by the pool, working on getting the best time on your mile, researching what you are interested in, talking to your grandparents, shopping with your mom, enjoying the time with your sister, and so much more. Adulthood will come soon enough and yes, life will get harder.
3) Your parents love you. They do everything for you out of love.
4) Have a good attitude. Make the decisions to be happy.
5) Don't be afraid to say "no" when your gut says to.
6) Help your parents out. Let them know how much you appreciate them.
7) Slow down when you drive. You are a new driver. You are not a pro. There are families out on the street. Mom's, Dad's, newborn babies, and little kids. You are not the only one out there. Focus on being safe for your sake and other's.
8) You are beautiful, just the way you are. You don't need to lose weight, change your hair color, wear more makeup, hang out with a certain group, shop at a particular store, or act a way you were not raised.
9) Your little sister looks up to you. Set a good example.
10) Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. He REALLY is sufficient. All you need. All you will ever need. If you stick with him... you will experience so much LESS heartache. But if you stray, don't be afraid to come back. He will be waiting on you, in fact, He will run to you. He will take you back with open arms. He loves you so much.
 
 
Sincerely,
 
Your much older and wiser self.
 
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. 3. Describe your relationship with your parents. 4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could. 5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? 6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? 7. What is your dream job, and why? 8. What are 5 passions you have? 9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how. 10. Describe your most embarrassing moment. 11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have. 12. Describe a typical day in your current life. 13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have. 14. Describe 5 strengths you have. 15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why? 16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? 17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at? 18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive? 19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? 20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood. 21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first? 22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them. 24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now. 25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment