Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 3- My Relationship with my Parents

  Good morning!
 
Yesterday I had such a busy day. I was in Ringgold (still am) and had a postnatal meeting with a birth mom (What a precious baby girl!!!!!!), ran some errands up in Chattanooga (got homemade deo ingredients, a birthday present for the boys' friend, a "skimpier" bathing suit, per request of my husband. It's not too skimpy really, just less "grannish" than my other one and in his words, this one is "hot" and he "loves it", and couple other things from Target). Then, I went to a friend's house who is selling Norwex. OMG! I love these products. Cleaning is simplified, safe (NO chemicals), and a money saver with time. I left truly impressed. She is just getting her business off the ground, so to help her out, I will be hosting a party in Cartersville. If you live in C'ville and receive an invite, PLEASE come. I promise you, you won't be able to help but to be impressed. It is AWESOME, amazing products. 

After that, I went to LaFayette to run to a couple places to "fix" things. Then, I went to my BFF's house and we had the best time ever (we always do!). We have stayed in touch since I moved, but their is something about spending time together. I can be myself with her, tell her my problems, cry, etc. and she STILL loves me. We laughed and laughed and just had a great time. I did go with the intention of helping her around the house and we did accomplish a few things ;-) I will be going back this week to help her some more! I am just so thankful that distance doesn't remove all friends (because it's sad to say it did remove some) and that my BFF and I will still be able to remain BFF's. I'm already planning a slumber party for her at my house :-) We are like kids.

Today, I am on question 3 of my "Get to Know Me Better" and I will be describing my relationship with my parents.

My parents. They are really my best friends as well. I would seriously say my husband is my best friend. He is my other half. I can talk to him about anything, share with him things, get mad at him and call him mean names, etc. and we still love one another. At the end of the day (or maybe the week. LOL) we resume talking and go on like nothing happened. We don't let arguments, distractions, differences, etc. come between us. To me, that is a best friend. Outside of my family, Amanda Lanier is my best friend. There is just something nice about having that confidant outside of you crazy family. They can  see what you are talking about when you say, "I'm in a family of CRAZY people and I am the only normal one!!!". LOL If you told someone in your family that, they might get slightly offended. But, in my family, after my husband, my parents would be my next set of best friends.

There have been ups and downs through the years with them. I have hated them on occasion, never wanted to speak to them again at times, wondered how on earth they could be so insensitive to me at other times. As I have grown up and matured, and become a mother myself, I can see how everything that made me feel those emotions was done for me or to me out of LOVE. I was rebellious, trying to find my own way, struggling to "discover myself", wanting to be my own person, etc. and my parents loved me, could see the future so to say, wanted what was best for me, hated to see me travel down the path I was, etc. It is hard for me to think about the ways I treated them at times. Their loves for me was always unconditional and for that, I am SO grateful.

Today, we have such an amazing relationship. I talk to one or both of my parents daily. I can share anything with them. I know they are willing to do anything in their power to help me and my family. They have proved that time and time again. I can count on them for me, I can count on them for my husband, I can count on them for my kids. If they thought we were struggling (or know, LOL), they would do whatever they had to do to help us, even if it meant going without something themselves (I am BLESSED to say, everyone in my family would do the same! After talking to other people, I know that it is rare to have someone in the family like that and even MORE rare to have multiple people in your family who would. It has been nice because we have struggled in the recent past. BAD. Instead of only one family member helping us get through that time, it truly was a combined effort and everyone saw/helped us through that hard time and made sure we made it through. We felt more loved and cared for during that rough patch, by our family, than ever before!). I have lived my entire life with my parents being that way. Now that I am grown and I see what it is like to raise a family in the financial aspect, I can feel overwhelmed at times when I realized just how many sacrifices my parents made to provide for us. Times were hard when I was growing up. I never truly understood that though. The stress of finances was not on me and I knew I was taken care of and had all I needed and then some. It truly was a sacrifice on their part. They still make sacrifices for me (and my siblings) to this day. 

So, after all that rambling, the relationship with my parents: GREAT! I pray my boys have the same relationship with my husband and I one day.

Have a great and relaxing Saturday :D

Here is the list for my upcoming questions :D I am on day 3
 
 
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment