Friday, September 14, 2012

3 Fears

Good morning!

I am getting this posted now or else I NEVER will today. It is just a crazy busy day.

I started a blog challenge yesterday. You learned 20 awesome random facts about me and now you probably feel like my husband-- you know more than you care to know about me. Well, just wait until the 30 days have passed ;-)

Here is the list of questions I will be working on for this month:


1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
 
 Today,  I will let you know 3 fears I have and why.

1) I am fearful of anything terrible every happening to one of my children. Terrible as in, irreversible. This has been a fear since the moment I laid eyes on them. I know... I know... this is Satan planting a fear in me, but it is something that comes to my mind. We will be playing outside, the skies will be blue, my babies will be laughing and bringing smiles to my face. I will think, "Wow! Could life be any more perfect?" and there it is. This FEAR that starts saying, "What if??? What if something terrible happened? HOW could you go on? HOW do other people do it?" and so on and so forth. I can even start boo-hooing my eyes out with just the thought of the fear. I love my children with every ounce of my being. I know all moms have felt this fear at one time or another and if you have children, you understand. It is a FEAR! The book I have, The Power of a Praying Parent has taught me that anytime a FEAR concerning my children comes to mind, to take that as an opportunity to cover them in prayer concerning whatever my mind just thought up. So, I have learned to take it to God and to cover my babies in prayer.

2) I am scared of heights. I don't know why, but I am. We were at the water park in FL while on vacation. Brent and I were in line for this ride called, Eye of the Storm. You had to climb lots and lots of stairs. I was ok with the ride itself, but when I looked down, I started panicking. My heart started racing. I felt SCARED! I didn't know if I could go through with the ride. It wasn't even the ride I was scared of (Ok, maybe a little bit. LOL).

3) I am scared of having a car wreck. A really BAD car wreck. I have never been in a really bad one and I pray I never am, nor are any of my loved ones. To me, that has to be so frightening. 

There you go. 3 fears. I am really scared of so much so I had to think of things I think about on a regular basis. More than heights for #2, I am scared of coming home at night by myself and walking in. LOL. But, you already learned that yesterday, so I thought I would give you a little bit more insight into ME!! The crazy and complex woman that I am.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I am off to cook breakfast for my gang and then head to Ringgold to drop the boys off before starting my crazy day. I am meeting a mom at Starbucks in Chattanooga (she lives about 30 minutes north and wanted to shave some time off my drive and she was wanting out of the house.). I'll never complain over a visit to Starbucks OR getting to see a precious new baby girl :D

1 comment:

  1. We have the exact same fears, Abby! Exactly the same! I will be praying for your fears and that God will take control of them and give you peace. Please pray for me too! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete